• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tickets bought

Flatcat

Well, I got of my Arce and this forum and went to my travel agent and bought 2 tickets to Paris!
Flying Vancouver to Paris and exiting Barcelona to Vancouver
April 27th to June 15th
British Airways $1330 return taxes and fees in, which is good because of the different enter and exit points!
3 days in Paris
1 day in SJDP
29 hiking days with 1 additional day in Pamplona and Leon to rest up
1 day in Santiago
Fly to Barcelona
14 days on the Costa Blanca then homeword bound!

I must say its refreshing when you actually lock into your trip, now I can lock my Paris and Barcelona hotels ahead of time!

Thx
Clint

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well Done Clint,

You'll be surprised how quickly 6 months comes & goes.......
Maybe spend more than one day in Santiago(if only to make sure you see the 'swing' & the roof of the Cathederal is a wonderful tour, & you get to see where pilgrim used to sleep & burn their clothes) & find the restaurants that people talk about.

Buen Camino
David

Abbeydore said:
Well Done Clint,

You'll be surprised how quickly 6 months comes & goes.......
Maybe spend more than one day in Santiago(if only to make sure you see the 'swing' & the roof of the Cathederal is a wonderful tour, & you get to see where pilgrim used to sleep & burn their clothes) & find the restaurants that people talk about.

Buen Camino
David
Thx I may stay longer, we're not booking any hotels until the end so we have some flexibility

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Whoa, this is great! Paris, the Camino, Barcelona, and then the coast. Well done! Agree with above, spend some time in SDC as you'll want to see others you've met along the way come in as well.

Very happy for you!

We're Camino twins!

I just bought my tickets as well, flying Vancouver - Barcelona, Madrid - Vancouver. Going a little earlier but I'm spending a bit of time in different parts of Spain before the Camino... I'll be setting out of St-Jean probably on or about May 1!

See you there!
Lindsey

Oh and mine was British Airways too, about $1140 though ;) bought em last week! I was a little ticked off though because at the end of November tickets everywhere were just $1030! Then they shot up. Was lucky to find a student fare through a travel agent though and get a few hundred dollars in savings!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
lindseh said:
Oh and mine was British Airways too, about $1140 though ;) bought em last week! I was a little ticked off though because at the end of November tickets everywhere were just $1030! Then they shot up. Was lucky to find a student fare through a travel agent though and get a few hundred dollars in savings!

That's very economical if the donkey is going aswell :lol:

Abbeydore said:

Hahaha that would be very true if she were mine! Alas I believe she's happily prancing about a field in somewhere in France at this point in time. :p

lindseh said:
Abbeydore said:

Hahaha that would be very true if she were mine! Alas I believe she's happily prancing about a field in somewhere in France at this point in time. :p
I think I met that donkey too! I think she had her name on the strap across her nose but I can't remember what it was.

Someone told me that they were struggling with injury and the donkey's owner offered to take her pack. She was concerned about over-burdening the donkey, but the guy said that HE would carry it, not the donkey. Buen Camino!

p.s. I think I might have met you Lindsey, somewhere around Rabanal. Were you walking with your Dad?

€83,-
tyrrek said:
I think I met that donkey too! I think she had her name on the strap across her nose but I can't remember what it was.

Someone told me that they were struggling with injury and the donkey's owner offered to take her pack. She was concerned about over-burdening the donkey, but the guy said that HE would carry it, not the donkey. Buen Camino!

p.s. I think I might have met you Lindsey, somewhere around Rabanal. Were you walking with your Dad?

Her name was Praline and his was Roland! And I definitely heard the same story.
I was walking with my dad! This is crazy! Haha I can't tell who you are from your tiny picture!

lindseh said:
Her name was Praline and his was Roland! And I definitely heard the same story.
I was walking with my dad! This is crazy! Haha I can't tell who you are from your tiny picture!
Ah yes, Praline. I was walking with 2 Newfoundlander peregrinas. We walked down the street in Rabanal together. Buen Camino! :D

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
tyrrek said:
Ah yes, Praline. I was walking with 2 Newfoundlander peregrinas. We walked down the street in Rabanal together. Buen Camino! :D

That's just awesome - Kate and Jana! Small world, they were like my big sisters on the Camino. Love em to death! Was that when they had Snickers bars to give us after their 38 km day to catch up?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
lindseh said:

Yes, I saw the tickets 2 weeks ago for $1080 return but I think I had to pay a little more because of different entry and exit points!
All considering $1300 ish is a good price for us, a great airline and most important minimal stopover waits and great flight times.
We almost went KLM for more money, long stopovers in Amsterdam and super early flights out!
We'll be on the trail around May 1 so we'll use up all the rain for you so you'll have a dry Camino by May 15th
Have fun!!!
Safe travels
Clint

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back