• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tickets Purchased May - June 2013

Pray21

Time of past OR future Camino
Planing to do full camino May 2013
Hi everyone just brought my tickets and arrive in Biarritz from London Stanstead on the 15 May at 15:10 so will be leaving SJPDP on the 16th after a nights rest (if I can sleep), maybe we will meet along the way I will be the one crawling up the Pyrenees as many other users have said this is the hardest day, but all I am going to do is put one foot in front of the other and take notice of what my body is telling me and take my time sooo I will get to Santiago when I get there and not before I am meant to.

Buen Camino

Trevor

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'll be starting 6 days after you Trevor but alas having a tighter schedule than ideal, I may well get to wish you 'Buen Camino' in person along the way. I'll be the Irishman smoking small cigars while muttering under his breath about his sanity but seriously forum badge on a blue Alpine-Lowe pack, happy to share a cafe con leche or cerveza if we meet.

Buen Camino

Seamus

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
as many other users have said this is the hardest day
It can be because of the combination of being a first day and a long climb. By the end, a few hours of up will not be so daunting. Therefore, pay attention to the opinions on making it an easier day -- start in good shape, keep your pack weight down, stop at Huntto or Orisson or Valcarlos, use a baggage service, take a lot of breaks, drink plenty of water, take care of your feet, and don't try to match someone else's pace. You may be surprised how quickly it is over.

Then you get the downhill into Zubiri....

I am not a fast walker not at 55 Seamus so you may well catch me up & I will be happy to join you in a cafe con leche but I think we will have separate cups (lol), but on a serious note I have an army green backpack with a Union Jack badge on yet to order my forum badge which will go next to it. so as pilgrims are come up from behind me they will know I'm English.

I wish you a buen camino & hope to meet on our journey

Trevor

Ah Trevor, I'll be 53 this summer so you're only a a blink of an eye older than me.

If you have some free time maybe try joining a hiking club in your area, even if you try their easier grade hikes, a couple of months of regular hiking will do wonders for fitness levels and strengthening up the leg muscles you'll be depending upon and give you a great opportunity to resolve any equipment issues you might have.

Slainte

Seamus

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for the tip, I was hiking towards the end of summer last year I was going out doing 15 to 20 mils with my equipment so I should have no problems its just the winter layoff of hiking, I am going to go back out very soon so I get about 1 months training in before leaving for SJPDP

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back