• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Tighter restrictions to start Friday, Nov 6

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

natefaith

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
The President of Galicia, Alberto Nuñez Feijoo, just announced even tighter restrictions for all of Galicia starting this Friday.

Some bullet points:
- More municipalities will be closed, with no one in or out except for work, school, or other essential purposes. Santiago will continue to be one of these municipalities with a perimeter closing.
- In Santiago and in these other closed municipalities, cafes/ restaurants/ bars will be closed, with only take out and delivery available.
- Sports will need to be practiced alone.
- The curfew of 11pm until 6am will continue.

These restrictions will last for the next month.

If you're walking right now, please be aware of these new restrictions in Galicia. What's unclear to me is if hotels and albergues will also need to close to comply with these restrictions. (In Spanish, it says "Cierre de la hostelería, que solo podrá prestar servicio a domicilio y para llevar" which means Closure of the hospitality industry, which can only offer delivery service or take-out. No explicit mention of hotels, hostales, and albergues is included in this....but usually "hostelería" means lodging and food services.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The President of Galicia, Alberto Nuñez Feijoo, just announced even tighter restrictions for all of Galicia starting this Friday.

Some bullet points:
- More municipalities will be closed, with no one in or out except for work, school, or other essential purposes. Santiago will continue to be one of these municipalities with a perimeter closing.
- In Santiago and in these other closed municipalities, cafes/ restaurants/ bars will be closed, with only take out and delivery available.
- Sports will need to be practiced alone.
- The curfew of 11pm until 6am will continue.

These restrictions will last for the next month.

If you're walking right now, please be aware of these new restrictions in Galicia. What's unclear to me is if hotels and albergues will also need to close to comply with these restrictions. (In Spanish, it says "Cierre de la hostelería, que solo podrá prestar servicio a domicilio y para llevar" which means Closure of the hospitality industry, which can only offer delivery service or take-out. No explicit mention of hotels, hostales, and albergues is included in this....but usually "hostelería" means lodging and food services.
COPIED:

Por ejemplo, podrán abrir los restaurantes «de los hoteles y otros alojamientos turísticos», aunque solo para sus clientes o entrega a domicilio o recogida.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 18.37.56.png

Yes, starting Friday it is not possible to travel between the red zones (not possible to cross the black lines). Not in our out.

Except for work, studying, medical visits and a few other things.

Restaurants and bars can not service people inside or outside. Only delivery.

This will be in place for 30 days, then it will be revised.

View attachment 86882

Yes, starting Friday it is not possible to travel between the red zones (not possible to cross the black lines). Not in our out.

Except for work, studying, medical visits and a few other things.

Restaurants and bars can not service people inside or outside. Only delivery.

This will be in place for 30 days, then it will be revised.
So, if we have nearly finished, we cannot complete the Camino? I was hoping to be in Santiago on Saturday as it should also be easier for me to get home from there.

So, if we have nearly finished, we cannot complete the Camino? I was hoping to be in Santiago on Saturday as it should also be easier for me to get home from there.
If you are in any of these municipalities by Friday at 15.00 you are inside the zone that will close at that time and you can continue to Santiago.
FD5BF0B3-8335-48AF-8271-134BF23D4BE0.jpeg
you might be in O Pino, then you should be fine. You then need to leave this closed area on Saturday... and I am not sure if they let people out. This is not as strict as we had it in March, so they might let you out... but I am not sure.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you are in any of these municipalities by Friday at 15.00 you are inside the zone that will close at that time and you can continue to Santiago.
View attachment 86885
you might be in O Pino, then you should be fine. You then need to leave this closed area on Saturday... and I am not sure if they let people out. This is not as strict as we had it in March, so they might let you out... but I am not sure.
You can get out if you are heading back home/repatriating. Print out your flight info/boarding pass to show to the checkpoint guys, if you are stopped. They don't much like peering into phone screens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back