• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Timberland gore tex women's boots?

Bafodelic

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 9th - oct 16th 2012 camino Frances
Hi,

I'm walking my first camino this September. Basically in 2 weeks! I have a pair if gore tex timberland boots that I used when I was doing everest base camp trek and I'm wondering if those are a good option for the camino as well? They are fairly heavy and were definitely a good option for trekking up and down mountains but in worried they might get too heavy for the camino. Although my previous trek wasn't as long as e camino, they are broken into so maybe tht would be good as they won't give me blisters or anything? Has anyone used these before? Thanks in advance.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
They are too much for the Camino, but if they fit, are worn in, and are comfortable, you probably should not change with just two weeks remaining. Even if they are overkill, you will be fine!

Buen camino.

Timberland makes different models of GoreTex boots for women. I have used the same two pairs for my last three caminos as well as work around the farm, and they are perfect. "Too heavy" is just an opinion, really. Hiking boots are a very personal choice!

Don´t worry. Just walk.
Reb.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I Walked the Francés in 2008 with a pair of Timberland Gore Tex mens (no women''s available here). They were perfect. Anne

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Good choice. It rarely pays to switch out of comfortable footwear. I had to use heavy, over the ankle boots for an injury, and since they were comfortable, it was no problem. Once I was healed, I went back to lighter lowcut boots, which also are comfortable. The terrain does not required sturdy boots, but your feet might!

I have trained in Gore Tex Salamons. They provide stability for my knees and ankles while carrying the pack and pulling the rickshaw for my children. Although I would prefer a lighter hiking shoe, I do not want an injury so I'm sticking with them. I'm bringing along a Monotrail hiking shoe (not boot) in case I need to switch but, mine are well broken in and I prefer to wear something that will not create blisters if possible.

Buen Camino!
Mandy

Heres another question. I live in the middle east and we have terrible sport stores with limited stuff. Since I'm flying into Paris I was thinking I could spend a few days there buying things I need. I don't want to order my backpack online as I won't get to try it. We mostly have north face here but the one I own is a 60l bag so I want to buy 35l one. But I think trying on a few is a safer bet than ordering online. Has anyone done last minute shopping in France/Spain? Any good store recommendations? Thanks.

As I live in France I have been to GoSport, Intersport and best of all was Decathlon - they are in all major towns, but look up online for the nearest. Ours is in Auch. Buen Camino, Karin

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.