• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Time?

DLJ

Time of past OR future Camino
This year my wife and I were on the Camino Portuguese, but I think this is relevant to any route. We stopped at a cafe, where a tour group was resting. We got into conversation with members of the group, and stated that we had done several Camino's. Their response was, "Well, we don't have time for that." I got the impression they thought my travels along the Camino's were frivolous. I have always been under the impression that "time" was one of the gifts of the Camino. Walk at your own pace, on your own itinerary, and especially to escape from the 24/7 captivity of email, texting, twitter, Instagram, and the daily Kardashian report. To have the opportunity to appreciate the sights, sounds, people, the whole experience, that is the Camino.
We are senior citizens, but still working; so being able to spend time away from time constraints, with time to absorb all the Camino has to offer, could not be time better spent. May we all live in the Spirit of the Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Unless they told you that you were wasting time, I wouldn't read too much into that. maybe they truly just didn't have time. There were many years I had to "lose" my allotted vacation time because work could not let me take it. Right now, with someone dear to me with a terminal illness, I cannot afford to be away from home more than a week, just in case. The same might be true for those with children with special needs. Maybe they have many places they've always wanted to see, so a repeated experience at this point detracts from that. And maybe they are just not that into the Camino--which is also OK. I'm OK when someone doesn't want to revisit someplace I want to see again...less crowds for me.:) but i'm also kind of selfish.
And even if they meant you were wasting time...you don't feel that way so just ignore their opinion, because that is all that is.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Funny - I feel I don't have time NOT to walk as many Camino's as I can! I'm 50 now; unless medical science makes huge strides I won't be doing this in another 50 years...

(still avidly looking for information about the different ongoing clinical trials of artificial meniscus replacements)

Funny - I feel I don't have time NOT to walk as many Camino's as I can! I'm 50 now; unless medical science makes huge strides I won't be doing this in another 50 years...

(still avidly looking for information about the different ongoing clinical trials of artificial meniscus replacements)
I'm 78 and had an MRI that showed a torn meniscus and baker's cyst, but just 3 days before leaving for Europe, so the Dr. said, go, take a pain pill if necessary, we will deal with it when you return. We walked about 220 miles (including the Portuguese Camino; I'm back and have surgery in two weeks. But, they are not replacing the meniscus, only trimming off the torn parts. Buen Camino.

They had to remove most of my meniscus 11 years ago, since it was torn and little pieces of it kept getting caught in the knee joint. That gave me ten pain-free years.

There are four different clinical trials of artificial meniscus replacements on at the moment, and two of them look really promising. If I can keep walking with my own knee for another couple of years (there has been talk of a full joint replacement), I'm hoping to be able to keep my knee, without much pain, for many more years.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.