• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Times between stages by bike. Please help

Time of past OR future Camino
North way by bycikle
Buen Camino dear friends

I plan to cross the North Road by bike in the beginning of September 2020. I plan to do the route in about 12 days by bike, with an average of 60 to 100 kilometers per day.

These are the stages that I sacrifice to do. Please, if you can help me with how long (how many hours) each section passes?

1. Irun - Deba 67 km.
2. Deba - Bilbao 82 km.
3. Bilbao - Noja 82 km.
4. Noja - Comillas 97 km.
5. Comillas - Ribadesella 83 km.
6. Ribadesella - Gijon 68 km.
7. Gijon - Ballota 78 km.
8. Ballota - Ribadeo 75 km.
9. Ribadeo - Vilalba 73 km.
10. Vilalba - Sobrado dos Monxes 61 km.
11. Sobrado dos Monxes - Santiago de Compostela 61 km.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will help me with the planning

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Unless you are super human, I doubt if you will be able to cover the suggested distances. Just my observation

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My Buen Camino app suggests 13 days with these stages. I'm not a cyclist, but I assume that these are pretty standard stages for biking.

Screenshot_20191110-093222_Buen Camino-202x552.jpg

I’ve never done the Norte, but have completed Frances & VDLP by MTB. My suggestion is to yes, keep with the plan but also as David says, see how u go - enjoy the trip, some days you’ll excel & over shoot - some days you’ll struggle - enjoy both. Only book ahead for accommodation (if booking private accommodation) when your on the road & know how much is left in your legs. Most of all enjoy & stay safe, if you can relax & soak in the beauty that is Spain - do so.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Personally, I walked up quite a lot of the hills. Unless you are super fit, your stages look optimistic.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back