• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Timing for Camino De Madrid

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
i know nobody has a crystal ball, but would there be a general consensus about which would be a better time to walk the Camino de Madrid...
Starting end of August OR starting mid September ?
Or are both times equally OK?

I have recollections of @Rebekah Scott flaking out due to heat, but I think that may have been July.

In case it makes a difference, we’d be continuing on to San Salvador and Primitivo.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Rachel,
I think you are likely to get really hot days no matter which of those start dates you pick. Spain just keeps breaking temperature records and though much of that is in southern Spain, Madrid has broken a lot of records as well. When my madrileño friend was walking with me on the Norte in June this year, he kept hearing from his family about temps over 40. I guess the later you go the better, but I think September is likely to be hot as well. The new normal.

I started the Salvador once at the end of September and it was 6 degrees in León the day we set out. Snow fell in the mountains outside Tineo. Things start closing on the Primitivo in mid to late October, I think, so that might be a consideration. Buen camino, Laurie

I started walking the Camino de Madrid in mid September, and the weather was absolutely glorious, perfect! The heat of summer had broken, but the skies were cloudless. Temperatures were about 12 degrees C in the morning (so gloves necessary) but warming up to the low 20s in the afternoon.

I can't imagine better weather for walking.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back