• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Timmy Mallett Camino journal and autobiography

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
The UK TV presenter Timmy Mallett cycled from the UK to Santiago and back in 2018 shortly after the death of his brother. Pausing along the way to paint. Later this week SPCK will be publishing a book which is part Camino journal and part career memoir.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm definately going to buy this. What a journey!! I loved Timmy Mallet growing up. Getting up early on a Saturday morning to watch Wacaday, sitting in front of the TV with my 2 brothers eating a bowl of cocoa pops is one of my favourite childhood memories. I met him back in the mid 80s when he turned on the Christmas lights in my town. He 'boinked' me on the head with Mallet's Mallet and its still one of my proudest moments. I was so happy that day lol

*EDIT*.. Apologies, my post has absolutely nothing to do with the Camino, I got carried away with memories ha

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.