• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tired of the bed race? Try the Qhapaq Ñan

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
The Qhapaq Ñan, 30,000 km of remote Inca trails, is the largest UNESCO World Heritage Site stretching from the Andes to the Amazon.
Read more in this current BBC report by Nick Dall and dream of endless space to walk through time --

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow, and I thought 10.400km on Iron Curtain Trail is a lot :D
But are you sure it's 30k kms (and not 3000km)? That's almost the equator...

I would love to (be able to) do that, or part of it. The Inca trail doesn't appeal to me - too intense - but those wide open spaces in the photos are different.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If there are, they might not be hot!
Hmmm....I was thinking that, being in the tropics that may not be too, too much of a problem, but then I remembered the altitude! Still, for that scenery, as long as there was water available, one could manage. :)

I now live in Medellin, and the idea of walking sections of the Qhapaq Nan is very alluring, especially now that things are opening up again post covid.
unfortunately, the only resources I have found are commercial guide services and they tend to be quite expensive.
if anyone knows of any hiking or walking clubs or other groups who are planning on walking sections of the Qhapaq or groups that have done so in the past, please post them here.
I love walking in the Andes and the Qhapaq is one of my bucket list items.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Anyone interested in some section hiking here in 2024? Live in Medellin and could be available to join you depending on dates and what section. Its looking more and more interesting and the various Camino routes become progressively more crowded.

Most read last week in this forum

Started the pilgrimage yesterday (23rd March), walking from Ise Jingu Naiku to Tamaru. Took the train back to accommodation in Ise as there's nothing available in Tamaru. Was raining the whole...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back