A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

"Titles" under avatar update

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Dear all,

Last night I did remove the "Trophy Point" system that the forum software offer. Yesterday I updated the forum software to a new version and we now have a better way of doing this (I think). The Trophy Points were not very helpful. (This was a way for users to collect points by posting and receiving likes..). I am not able to remove the trophy points all together (you might still see it some places), but since we are not using it, everyone will have 0 points.

After the update to the forum software yesterday, it is possible to go back to the way we had it in the old forum... having the user title update based on how many post a user has done. This does not of course give us a lot of information either, but it is more predictable. Right now the various levels are:
Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 9.23.20 AM.png
The number to the right are the number of posts you need to have to get to this level. It will update automatically. This user title appear under the avatar picture for each user.

If you have ideas on new titles for new levels, please let me know.

If you do not want to use these user titles, but would like to make up one for yourself, you can do so here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/personal-details
(Add something in "Custom Title")

Thanks!
Ivar

Advertisment

Dennis D

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés - 2014
Francés - 2015
Francés - 2016
Francés - 2017
Francés - 2018
Francés/Primitive (2019)
Ivar - you can do no wrong!

The point system wasn't never my motive to be here. I can't imagine how much time is involved to maintain this forum. Thank you for all your hard work.

Arn

Staff member
Donating Member
Ivar,
I had an extensive "I love me room" after I retired from the Corps. It had awards, letters, pictures of me with notable folks and, yes, not a few trophies.
All that now resides in my barn...unseen, under a thick layer of dust and...well.
Today, friends are my award, letters have been replaced by threads/posts, pictures are Camino centric and I get a trophy each time a happy face appears on the Forum.
I am truly blessed,
Arn

Tony Bobcat

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 2017
Hi Ivar I don't know what's happened but I haven't received a forum for over a month, I do miss reading every one input. cheers Tony

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
ivar Announcements 23

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June