• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

To airport transport?

KarlAndrew

Hi Im going to be walking the camino next week and I will be meeting my friend in Santiago at the beginning of may. Does anyone know if its possible to catch a bus from santiago to the airport so I can go pick her up?

thanks ,
Karl :D

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
KarlAndrew said:
Does anyone know if its possible to catch a bus from santiago to the airport
From the Estación de Autobuses, which is about 15 to 20 minutes walk North from the center of Santiago, airport buses are leaving about every 1/2 hour.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Depending where you are staying in Santiago it might be handier and closer to pick up the bus in" Calle Xeneral." Go down Rua Franco or Rua Vilar and continue through the square and veer left.
It is marked in John Brierly's guide.

The map that the tourist office gives names this street Rúa do Doutor Teixeir and the bus stop is marked 156 and with a little picture of an airplane. It is easier to follow than John Brierly's guide.

I have caught the bus here on a couple of occasions.

Buen Camino,

Lydia

Hello Fraluchi: I will be walking the camino in May and June. My flight leaves from Vigo airport. Will I be able to catch a bus from the station you mentioned? Can I also catch a train to Vigo? Thanks.

Hi,

I'm not sure if there is a direct bus to Vigo Airport from Santiago. I suspect that you would have to travel to Vigo then change for the airport bus.

There are 15 or so trains a day to Vigo from Santiago. You would then need to get a taxi or bus out to the airport but I'm not sure of the proximity of the rail station to either the bus station or the airport bus route.

An alternative by train is to get off at Redondela (7 trains a day from Santiago) and then jump in a taxi for the airport. I did this in October last year and I think the taxi was about 15 Euros. Schedules and prices for trains for both destinations can be found on Renfe web site. Use "find all stations" option to search for Redondela.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info. on trains.

Regards
Mig

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello Miguel: Thank you for the post and information. Please forgive my ignorance here. This is my "first" trip to Europe and I am not well travelled. The website you provided illustrated a destingation of Vigo Guixar from Santiago. Is there a difference between Vigo and Vigo Guixar? Is it the same city? I think I would rather take your advice and take a train to Vigo and catch a taxi to the airport. Thank you.

No problem. Vigo Guixar is the one you want. It replaced the previous rail station in Vigo in the summer of 2011 and is a temporary terminus until Vigo's new station is completed. As I said you can either travel all the way to Vigo and taxi from there, which gives you more choice of trains, or jump off at Redondela (a stop or two before Vigo and listed as REDONDELA DE GALICIA in RENFE website) and taxi to the airport from there.

If you take a look at the this map http://g.co/maps/z4kww, green arrow marks location of Vigo rail station, Redondela is top right and Vigo Airport is bottom centre. not much in it in terms of distance from the look of it.

Happy to help if you need it.

Regards
Mig

Hello Mig: Thank you very much again for all your help. Yes, it does make sense to get off the line earlier at Redondela as it would most likely be a cheaper train ticket and from the map you attached is the "same" distance to the Vigo airport as the Vigo train station. This website has saved me hours of research thanks to wonderful people like you who share your experience and encouragement to us that are still in the planning phase.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi just wondering does the Vigo airport bus going to the center of Vigo pass the bus station at Av Madrid?

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back