• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

To all those walking the Camino Portugues

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Hola - if any of you are looking for a project or a way of putting something back please think about taking along a copy of the CSJ guide and taking some notes which will help update it.

The CJ is now providing a number of guides on line available to download for a donativo. They can be kept right up to date only with the help of fellow pilgrims.

If you are happy to help you can download a copy here: http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm.

My e mail address for comments is there.

Thanks and buen camino.

John

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
HI John

I will be taking that guide so I am more than happy to pass on comments for your book :D

Sharon

I downloaded your guide from the CSJ site. I chose the .doc format option so I can "edit in" some notes of my own. I certainly will provide feedback. By the way, John, I love your videos (youtube).

Chris

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hope it's appropriate for me to add that I would also appreciate comments from people who walk from Lisbon to Porto. The few people who have contacted me to discuss the route have either changed Caminos completely or decided to walk only from Porto. I'm hoping there will be some who choose to start in Lisbon and I would really appreciate comments and updates. My email is in the document also.

Thanks much, Laurie

Hi John,

If I see anything relevant (new) along the way I will write it down and contact you after I finish.
Regards and keep up the good work! :D

Muppet

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi

In all these days of saving weight and also the trees, personally it is far to large. I have remove a lot of the stuff that I will not use and got it down to 8 double sided pages. This to me will be better for the environment and less weight in my pocket.

And if I see anything, I will let you know

Hola

Good idea. I find a lot of stuff in guides is good for preparation or background but isn't necessary for the journey. That's why we've produced these guides in Word format - delete what you don't want to take, add in bits you've found from other sources etc.

Buen Camino and thanks for your help.

John

Hola John, Albergue in Caldas de Reis had helpful staff with information on town when I stayed there a few days ago.
They hope to improve facilities in very near future, so I'm not quite sure whether they meant "temporary" was lack of facilities or temporary opening.
Probably meant both; perhaps had opened for easter period.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I will not be walking the Portugues until April 2011, but when I do I will add comments and let you know. May well do Lisbon to Porto in April and then Porto to Santiago in October. Whichever way I do it - thank you for your help and I hope I will be able to help you. Jo

i met a pilgrim on the first day, i walked in May, this year, from Porto, who said he won't buy any guide, will walk without any info. so i took his footsteps, and it was fun. all the info i needed i got from the well-marked Camino, from other pilgrims, from libraries -very well equipped - in albergues, so this route can be done without much planning, i was planning for 1 month to do the french route - a part of it- and ended up walking on the portuguese route, without any guidance - that is not true : WITH PROVIDENCE on my way :) it is really an experience, to feel that God cares for you, and sends people even when you don't ask for help, help just comes to you :)

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back