• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

To Camino Ingles Or not Too.

MauriceC

Time of past OR future Camino
Finisterre
Ingles
hello

I'm planning to do the Camino Ingles within next year.

Is this a good route?
Is it hard?
Must dos?
Driest time to do it, not too hot tho?
Best places to stay with private rooms?
General tips and advice?

Much thanks to all reply's, greatly appreciated.

Maurice

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It is not as easy as some portray it, but it is not hard. The last couple of days are fairly urban walking. There are private rooms in many places, but not all. You can always get a taxi from the route to private accommodations, then return the next day. I have enjoyed it, and would describe it as a good route...

It is not as easy as some portray it, but it is not hard. The last couple of days are fairly urban walking. There are private rooms in many places, but not all. You can always get a taxi from the route to private accommodations, then return the next day. I have enjoyed it, and would describe it as a good route...
Is there a special passport for this route? or is the main camino passport used? thanks.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I've done the Ingles twice and loved it.

The scenery is a wonderful combination of city, small town, village and nature. It is hilly and parts of it are somewhat difficult especially if you do some hill training.

I stayed in paid establishments the entire route and not in alburgues, but that was a personal preference as I prefer my privacy at night.

Do it - you will love it!

It is worth spending 2 nights in Betanzos to see the old churches and the Pasatiempo park. Everything else I agree with @daesdaemar, although with some hill training the only 'hard' hill we feel is out of Pontedeume. Just take your time :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Do it Maurice! Like previous posters have said , it's a bit up and down topography-wise but then that's Galicia all over really (imhe).
We really enjoyed it, lots of nice town and plenty of facilities as well as good stretches through woodland and countryside. Found the CJS guide very helpful in planning stages (Johnnie Walker) but for us we booked all accommodation through booking.com
Some gentle hill-walking training will put you in good stead for it. We stayed in hotels because we walked it in September 2015 with our collie and most albergues have a no dog policy, but that's for another thread!

The Inglés is as hard or as easy as you want it to be.

If you want it easy, then stay the first night in Neda, or take the bridge from Ferrol to Fene. You can also break the walk from Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma, by overnighting in Presedo. The walk from Bruma to Sigüero is longish, but fairly easy, if a bit dry.

I walked the Camino Ingles from Ferrol. I found it an excellent and varied route. The paths were very good. I remember two steep hills: a short sharp climb out of Pontedeume and the long slog up to Bruma. This link should give you annual weather statistics for Betanzos which is on the route and should give an idea of the trends in temperature and rainfall. Bear in mind that Galician weather is pretty unpredictable and you can have significant rain any time of year.
https://www.yr.no/place/Spain/Galicia/Betanzos/statistics.html

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome Maurice,

I found it to be a beautiful peaceful route and very much enjoyed it in October 2015. I plan on walking it again this year.

hello

I'm planning to do the Camino Ingles within next year.

Is this a good route?
Is it hard?
Must dos?
Driest time to do it, not too hot tho?
Best places to stay with private rooms?
General tips and advice?

Much thanks to all reply's, greatly appreciated.

Maurice
Hi, Maurice,

Take a look here: https://www.gronze.com/camino-ingles
Click on desired stage and scroll down. You'll get pretty much all of available accommodation options for all towns/villages.

Buen Camino!

Hi Maurice, did it the first week of June and loved it. We used the Johnny Walker guide, available here. For the passport, we got ours at https://www.caminosocietyireland.com/passport for a €10 donation - nice version. Got our first stamp there too!
Last day out of Sigueiro, about 7km, note that there is a 'false' waymarker that takes you left instead of right and along the main road. You must stick to the instructions in the Walker guide for the better quieter experience.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.