• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

To Finisterre

Callea

I am not going to have time to walk to Finisterre after I reach Santiago, but I'd like to see it before I go home. Is there a bus from Santiago? And are there hotels there?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yep there are several buses per day. You can check out the schedule to fisterra on the Monbus website for the day that you intend to travel or ask in the Galicia tourist office when you reach Santiago. It is in the rua de vilar, same street as pilgrims' office.

There are a number of places to stay in Finisterre/Fisterra. I'm sure others will recommend some, i've stayed in the hotel finisterre in the past which was perfectly adequate. Try a search for Finisterre in booking.com and there are several options.

Buen Camino
Mig

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Callea, At this time of year you will have no problem finding a room in a hotel. There are also many places to stay in the albergue style from €10 per night. Perhaps when your bus arrives some local women will offer you a room.
If you intend enjoying the sunset be sure to ask locals or check time on-line. Enjoy your few final hours in Galicia.
Last weekend there was an article in The Irish Times mentioning ( tiradocordel.com ) Restaurante Parrillada Tira Do Cordel, Prais de San Roque, Fisterra, with expensive pilgrim menu €20 but perhaps a treat.

Buen Camino

In mid June 2012 after walking to Finisterre I stayed two nights at Albergue Fistera (mentioned in Jochen-Schmidtke's attachment above - that's not the same as the Hotel Finisterre mentioned by Miguel). It was clean, quiet, very nice, included a full kitchen at a cost of 12 Euro per night (Oddly certain other people were charged 10 euro on the same nights. Perhaps I should have looked a bit more harried upon arrival or something). Pilgrims were provided with a key to the front door allowing for 24 hour access.

Although the albergue was not fully booked, as with many private albergues and contrary to what I read on one website, there was no requirement that one had to actually arrive in Finisterre by foot. Two women who were there at the same time arrived by bus from Santiago and stayed for five nights to unwind after their Caminos.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The bus leaves Santiago at 9:00am. if you spend the night and want to leave the next morning, there is an 8:20am bus going back. DO NOT GET ON THE 8:00am bus as it doubles as a school bus and takes forever to get there.I walked to Finnisterre 2 weeks ago. 4 days, 2nd day was kinda long ,32 km day. very nice walk mostly through rural contryside. The Hotel Lopez in Finisterre room 33,corner room with windows all around ,even has a balcony. great views of the water. only 25 euros.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back