Search 69,459 Camino Questions

To lost friends

Zsofia

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino primitivo
Dear Daniel, Ludo, Laura, Manuel and Daniel,
I don't know if you read this message or not, I just wanted to say a big thanks to all of you..I had the best evening on the Primitivo with you guys, I had so much fun.. more fun than I've had in a long time. I am so sorry that we didn't exchange any emails/phone numbers/whatever..
I hope you've enjoyed the Camino till the very last moment!
Thanks again, you are great!
Zsofia

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Glad you had a great time. To any first timers who wonder what the social aspects of the Camino are all about, this posting says it all. Complete strangers can connect so completely and honestly that a few glasses of vino tinto in a ramshackle bar in the middle of nowhere, can turn into one of the most memorable nights of your life.

Yeh, some great evenings to be had along the way. I always forget to exchange details too, never comes into my head until later! But maybe thats the best way for it to be?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yeh, some great evenings to be had along the way. I always forget to exchange details too, never comes into my head until later! But maybe thats the best way for it to be?

Thank you Zsofia for that post.You have prompted me to post my own experience. I walked the Primitivo in September /October this year and it was truly wonderful. Good weather all the way, lovely scenery and good food and companions along the way. I can only thank Liz Brandt , Elle Bieling and JmcM for their great blogs - they certainly made me more prepared. What was also wonderful was that in Santiago I met up with all those I had met along the way and was able to properly say goodbye.
I had penned the following along the way - don't please be too critical!

Woody Allen stands over his plaque in Oviedo
Grizzled face, head bent, wrinkled pants
And big boots as if he were walking.
Two weeks later I stand now in Santiago
Weathered face, head held high
Mud spattered pants and dirty boots.
I have been walking the Camino Primitivo
And I loved every minute

Thank you Zsofia for that post.You have prompted me to post my own experience. I walked the Primitivo in September /October this year and it was truly wonderful. Good weather all the way, lovely scenery and good food and companions along the way. I can only thank Liz Brandt , Elle Bieling and JmcM for their great blogs - they certainly made me more prepared. What was also wonderful was that in Santiago I met up with all those I had met along the way and was able to properly say goodbye.
I had penned the following along the way - don't please be too critical!

Woody Allen stands over his plaque in Oviedo
Grizzled face, head bent, wrinkled pants
And big boots as if he were walking.
Two weeks later I stand now in Santiago
Weathered face, head held high
Mud spattered pants and dirty boots.
I have been walking the Camino Primitivo
And I loved every minute

I couldn't agree more! Caroline and I walked the Primitivo in August/September and met many friends along the way. The experience is so intense and friendships shared so freely and with genuine warmth and then, swept along on the emotion, we neglect to exchange email addresses or phone numbers only to regret it when its too late ...

Just in case any of the people we met read this - thank you all for your friendship and support; it made the journey all the more worthwhile.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back