Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

To the End of the World Camino film

Hank

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (May - June 2015)
I finished my Camino in June of this year, and I wrote quite a bit about the experience on my travel blog and also created a mini-movie about the trip. I thought people here would enjoy both and they would bring back a lot of memories for people!

Here's a link to my Camino movie, To the End of the World:

Here's a link to my blog's essay series about my Camino:
http://withoutbaggage.com/camino-de-santiago/

Enjoy! Thanks!
-Hank

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

mountaingoat999

we are due out Jan 2016
I finished my Camino in June of this year, and I wrote quite a bit about the experience on my travel blog and also created a mini-movie about the trip. I thought people here would enjoy both and they would bring back a lot of memories for people!

Enjoy! Thanks!
-Hank

Hank
Read you blog ......do you still hear from Amalie..

Marc-P

(2014) Aragones & Frances
(2015) Primitivo
(2016) Ingles
Such an inspirational video. Thank you for sharing this gem!

Camino Masks
This week, 50% off ALL Camino Masks
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

MileHighPair

2012, '14: Frances
2015: Chimayo, USA.
2016, '17: VdlP
2018: Madrid, Ourense, Salvador, Primitivo
Amazing documentary of your journey! Thank you so much.

Taps

Camino Frances May 2016
Amazing video Hank! Thank you for sharing, it gave me chills!

Robo

Veteran Member
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Great video Hank. I've watched it twice already.

You really captured the emotions of the Camino so well.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

mtman100

Summer 2015
Great Video! It brought back so many memories! My wife Linda and I, walked the Camino from SJPDP starting on June 17, 2015 to July 18th and didn't get one drop of rain! I have been going through withdrawal ever since. Thanks for sharing!

IngridF

Intrepid Peregrina
2012, 2015 ,2017, 2019

Enjoy! Thanks!
-Hank
Hank, what a beautiful movie and what a wonderful Camino you enjoyed. I just got back myself, from a variety of shorter ones, but I also walked to Fisterra and on to Muxia... and I remember exactly that spot on the hill as you finally get to see the sea. Magic. Thanks. Ingrid

Last edited:

Dutchwalk53

CF 2015 with son #1, CF 2016 alone, CF 2017 with son #2 and husband , CF Sept 2018 with daughter
Great Video! It brought back so many memories! My wife Linda and I, walked the Camino from SJPDP starting on June 17, 2015 to July 18th and didn't get one drop of rain! I have been going through withdrawal ever since. Thanks for sharing!
The withdrawal issue is I think the one and only downside of the Camino .Same here.....I miss it every day and day dream about all a lot....So I'm figuring out how I can do it again. Seems simple but, for me, I had the perfect Camino. I walked it with my 20 year old son May/June 2015 and we had perfect weather, no blisters or other health issues and met great people. I'm still working so can't take off 6 weeks every year....but hey.... every other year should be doable.....but the waiting for spring 2017 is hard!!!! I will try to do mini walks here in the USA for the time being. But in the spring of 2017 it's off to Spain again :)

julia-t

Camino Frances 2015-17
Kumano Kodo March 2018
Camino Portuguese Valenca-SdC April 2018
Wonderful! I so enjoyed watching and reading this.
Thank you for posting.

Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.

Enjoy! Thanks!
-Hank
What a wonderful film. It made me cry and I just want to start it all over again now!!

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Pingüigrino

Frances, Aragones, Vasco del Interior, Baztanes. (Frances Winter, La Plata, Camino de Invierno, Mozarabe, Norte, Primitivo.)
Wonderful video. Wonderful experience. Congratulations.

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
Thanks for sharing Hank.
Now we have an impression of what we can expect next year.
Buen camino

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
Hehe, you're planning Frances??? Huh, crowds you can't imagine in high season...

Ultreia!
Dobar dan @KinkyOne.
Yes you are right.. Is allways my fear and complaint but.. We do not go in high season but beginning of May.
By the way I allways think of you when I see a Renault 4 :)
We were on holiday last month and attended a vintage car show in the east of France with a lot of by you and me beloved "cookie boxes :p"
As I am ready with the things I have to do I will send you them.

Lep pozdrav

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Dobar dan @KinkyOne.
Yes you are right.. Is allways my fear and complaint but.. We do not go in high season but beginning of May.
By the way I allways think of you when I see a Renault 4 :)
We were on holiday last month and attended a vintage car show in the east of France with a lot of by you and me beloved "cookie boxes :p"
As I am ready with the things I have to do I will send you them.

Lep pozdrav
Dober večer!

Well I guess May is a high season on CF but it's up to you to tell that ;)
I have lots of R4 photos from this year Levante but haven't being able to post them. I believe I'll succeed to organize them in a month or so.

B.

Georgina77

Vancouver Island in December
Future July 2015 hopefully......... did it awesome :)

Enjoy! Thanks!
-Hank
Loved the movie thanks for sharing you did a good job and brought back some good memories for me too .....

countycork

26th May 2013
Absolutely brilliant Hank....brought back happy memories to me and my husband even though we have only as yet walked to Burgos, hope to start from there next year. Hope you and Amalie keep up your friendship, you got on famously together!!

gollygolly

2000, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
You have captured the spirit of the Camino so well. Thanks for the sharing

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

chrisje

Camino Francés August 2014
Camino Via de la Plata (Sevilla-Salamanca) May 2015
Camino Via de la Plata (Sevilla-Zafra) April 2016
Camino Via de la Plata (Zafra-Santiago) september 2016
Wonderful movie ! Beautiful, congratulations ! We have done the camino Frances in 2014 and we will do the way again in 2016 ! I dream from it and miss it every day !

Hank

Absolutely brilliant Hank....brought back happy memories to me and my husband even though we have only as yet walked to Burgos, hope to start from there next year. Hope you and Amalie keep up your friendship, you got on famously together!!

Great to hear from you! I was always impressed with the people with the level of year-to-year commitment that they kept coming back to do the Camino in sections. I hope you end up getting to do the remaining sections soon! The Cantabrian Mountains/Cruz Ferro/Camino Duro/Galicia sections are probably the best parts.
-Hank

Hank

I just want to let you know how much I enjoyed reading your essays and watching the movie. I don't read many Camino blogs and I often tune out after having read the third day or so but your essays caught my attention right away and kept me going until the end. Very compelling reading and it made me curious to watch the movie, too. I may even watch it a second time ;). If you don't mind me asking: would you want to walk such a long distance again, either on the Camino or elsewhere, and for this reason?

Hi Katharina,

I'm so flattered that you enjoyed the movie! I definitely want to do more long walks. Before the Camino, the longest hike I'd ever done was Nepal's Three Passes in 15 days, but the Camino made me really appreciate doing something much more extensive. I'm trying to figure out how to make time to do the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, 88 Temples in Japan, or a big hike across New Zealand. Slowly figuring it out!
-Hank

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

DanielH

September 2015 (SJPP to Burgos)
September 2016 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
May 2017 (Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela)

Enjoy! Thanks!
-Hank
I'm glad to see your video posted here. I first discovered it on youtube. Well done my friend for inspiring others to experience their own camino. Buen camino to you and other pilgrims always!

Hank

I'm glad to see your video posted here. I first discovered it on youtube. Well done my friend for inspiring others to experience their own camino. Buen camino to you and other pilgrims always!

Hi Daniel! Thanks for the kind words -- I'm glad you liked it!
-Hank

Interpreter

Camino Francés

Enjoy! Thanks!
-Hank
My husband and I just returned from walking the Camino Frances and watched your movie this afternoon. We related to so many of your comments and it brought wonderful memories back! Including the daily routine of carrying for our feet:)

Hank

My husband and I just returned from walking the Camino Frances and watched your movie this afternoon. We related to so many of your comments and it brought wonderful memories back! Including the daily routine of carrying for our feet:)

Hi, I'm glad you had a great Camino! I don't miss blisters. But I do miss walking every day!
-Hank

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Well done Hank and it brings back wonderful memories!

Camino Masks
This week, 50% off ALL Camino Masks
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola Hank, thank you for one of the best Camino blogs/videos. Your professional skills are clearly evident, although you did leave out some of the places I enjoyed whilst riding my bike during September 2015. So what about you and Amelia??:):rolleyes:o_O;)

JMac56

CF(2015)
CF+Fis(2016)
CP:Porto-SdC-Mux-Fis(2017)
CF:Leon-SdC(2017)
CF+Mux+Fis(2018)
Hi, I'm glad you had a great Camino! I don't miss blisters. But I do miss walking every day!

Hola Hank. Love your video. Brings back many memories. Thanks so much for sharing. By the way, how did the Salomon shoes go? I had bought the same ones for my next trip before seeing your video. Buen Camino.

Hank

Hola Hank, thank you for one of the best Camino blogs/videos. Your professional skills are clearly evident, although you did leave out some of the places I enjoyed whilst riding my bike during September 2015. So what about you and Amelia??:):rolleyes:o_O;)

Hi, Mike! I'm so happy that you liked the essays and video. Yes, of course, my video doesn't manage to include every part of the Camino because it's so long! But I tried to put in my favorite stuff. Amalie lives in Denmark (I live in California), but we stay in touch. Who knows what the future holds!
-Hank

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Hank

Hola Hank. Love your video. Brings back many memories. Thanks so much for sharing. By the way, how did the Salomon shoes go? I had bought the same ones for my next trip before seeing your video. Buen Camino.

Hi! I'm flattered that you liked the video! The Salmon trailrunners were great -- so much better than stiff boots -- for my Camino. The models I had were still a bit too narrow for my feet, but most of my problems were gone when I got them. I recommend soft trailrunners to anyone doing the Camino instead of boots.
-Hank

hailows

Hank!
Thanks for a wonderful half hour reliving the Camino. Outstanding! I loved every moment of it! Oh... has Amalia remained in your life?
Slow Walking Stevie Wonder

Chelsea Wu

Oct 2015, start from SJPP
Hi Hank, thanks so much to share. Love your story. I just finished the Camino Frances on last October, I met a guy in Zariqueiqui, same place as Amalia and you met. We walked 23 days together to Santiago, and took a bus to Fisterra and said GoodBye there. I really enjoyed the route and every moment spent with him. Miss him so much...

Hank

Hank!
Thanks for a wonderful half hour reliving the Camino. Outstanding! I loved every moment of it! Oh... has Amalia remained in your life?
Slow Walking Stevie Wonder

Great to hear from you! I'm so pleased that you liked the video and it helped you relive your experience. I live in LA and Amalie lives in Denmark, but we still stay in touch over email.
-Hank

Hank

Hi Hank, thanks so much to share. Love your story. I just finished the Camino Frances on last October, I met a guy in Zariqueiqui, same place as Amalia and you met. We walked 23 days together to Santiago, and took a bus to Fisterra and said GoodBye there. I really enjoyed the route and every moment spent with him. Miss him so much...

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks so much for your message. What a strange coincidence that you also met someone in Zariqueiqui. Maybe there's something secretly special about that town. It's great to hear your story. Yes, the Camino is wonderful, but it can be a very sad thing when it ends. I hope you two still stay in touch.
-Hank

2021 Camino Guides
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

kerrychick

2009 camino francis 2006 porto way 2010 camino francis 2014 camino francis.starting in Logrono in sep 2016.
Hi Hank loved your video and i agree with all the comments
would you do it again or is once enough ?
I know there are a lot of Amazing places to visit in the world ,i live in Ireland and its stunningly beautiful
but the Camino is so special for a lot of reasons
the main one being the length of time it takes and the relationships
and bonds that are formed with fellow pilgrims .
I admit to being an addict
and have done 4 caminos my next one will be in september please God
thanks for posting your experience, beautiful and nicely edited .

Jesus Villanueva

Future june 5, 2016
Hi Hank, this video is awesome man. Thank you for sharing. My husband and I are going on the camino on June 5th and i am so excited, even more now after watching your video. The experience looks amazing, and i cant wait to see for myself. Cheers and thank you again.

Jesus Villanueva
(Houston, TX)

angeliki louk

July 2014 camino Frances.
June 2015 Camino north
Camino primitivo
Great job!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing that.....thank you for travelling us back to that wonderful place!!!!! Hope you are doing well!!!!!!!

Peregrino44

Frances (2014) Finisterre (2014)
Hi Hank, thank you for the film, it was great!

What did you use to film it? Phone, camera?

Thanks!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings