• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

To Where God Dwells - 5000 Miles to Jerusalem.

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
Came across an unique video

From the producer of the video ...

This film documents the first 5000 miles of my walking pilgrimage from Central Europe to Jerusalem and back (8700 miles/14.000 km total). Making a film was never the object of my journey, but when you bring a GH3 some things are bound to get "shot."

After I returned 6 months ago, I thought long about how to tell the tale in 60 minutes and it was not easy. I watched a number of travel docs and road movies, but I felt nothing of the sort would do those first 33 weeks to Jerusalem justice (same old, same old). So I opted for a different approach, inspired by the film "The Great Silence." Whether I succeed or fail miserably to tell my story is for the viewer to decide.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just watched the first fifteen minutes of this, and can't wait to watch the rest. I think I am ........................... .......mesmerized! The sounds, the scenery, the clarity ....... I can enjoy it all, without any of the hardship. :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks, glad some people like my film :)

I did another long walk last summer and am working on a new film - different in tone this time (more conventional maybe). This link counts as a trailer (second half of the video), I guess:
While I might not continue past episode 10 with the english version of the weekly Via Alpina Sacra Edition of Hermit & Hog (seeming lack of interest not justifying the use of the little time I have), I plan to upload a feature film length doc about the trip in the next couple of months. So stay tuned if you are interested.

Cheers,
Fr. Johannes

I've lost count of the number of times I've watched "To Where God Dwells"

Really looking forward to this new film Father!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back