• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Toe problem

Aysen Mustafa

Time of past OR future Camino
I noticed after a couple of weeks of walking that my second smallest toe was aching. I kept thinking I had a blister but no. The underside of the toe appeared swollen and white and when walking hurt as it moved around in my shoe. So I taped it up. I finished walking two months ago, and while the toe doesn't hurt it still hurts a bit when I walk. I plan on doing a 20km walk soon to see what happens.

How anyone else had this happen to them? I don't know what to google and don't want to go to the doctor or podiatrist until I can figure out what is happening.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Go to the doctor you may had a stress fracture of the 2nd metatarsal.
That was my thought, too. I have had one. Only 6 weeks of rest (virtually no walking and using cushioned footwear even around the house) allowed it to heal. Not 3 weeks, not 4 weeks, not 5, but a good 6 weeks. Then it was cured and I walked a pain-free camino a month later.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes injuries happen. I had severe Plantar F after finishing my first Camino. It took months to clear it. But it did on it's own. The Camino is an unusual physical demanding trip so not surprising sometimes we get injured. And yes if needed have a Dr check it out. Leaving for my 4th Camino in 4 weeks. Sadly no practice walks for me this time there I broke a toe 2 weeks ago. :eek: So...just rest (meaning no long walks) and buddy taped it. It will be interesting to start my (only 2 week :( ) Camino without practice but I'm confident my body will be ok with the miles. I will be just happy to be on the way again :)

I think I also had plantar fascitis. I haven't seen a doctor or podiatrist but exercised and the heel is better. I am planning on a 20km walk soon, when weather improves and walking the camino again in 2020. Next time, I will be doing foot exercises every night and day.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
After being a little stubborn here I am 3 months post camino and finally went to the podiatrist seems I have a gigantic heel spur. Podiatrist said I had it before and its has reared its ugly head so bad she wanted to give me a shot in my foot but ..hmmm yeah I gracefully declined. Instead 7days of steroids, custom orthotics and a warning to go get some better sandals. To support my arch and hug my heel. I have been off my feet for a good week and althought it seems better I can feel it everytime I stand. Moral to this story...go to the podiatrist you might be doing more harm than good putting it off.

Most read last week in this forum

Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.