• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tomorrow I'm off!

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
I'm taking off tomorrow for Paris, and will be kicking around there for a few days (never been!) before then taking a train to Tournus.

My plan is then to fly from Lyon to Madrid, and from there, get to Pamplona and start a walk.

I've had a hard time planning this trip, for many reasons, but I'm very, very glad to be going!

Hope to see some of you out walking.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
CaminoDebrita,

What a happy lady you must be as you travel to Paris for the first time as well as to follow another camino!

I wish you Bon voyage, Buen camino.

Be sure to check out these earlier Forum threads for more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino in Paris.

When on the parvis or place facing the Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins and visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy it! As an American who has lived more than 35 years in France both in Paris and Champagne even after all that time for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Godspeed and in the truest sense, Ultreia!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Best of wishes for your trip. I flew into Madrid a year ago tomorrow for my first Camino. Think about it every day. Next time, I plan on flying to Paris to begin also. Just so much to see! I also think you're going at the perfect time of the year. I share your excitement. Keep us posted on your experience. Please convince me to make another trip sooner rather than later! PLEASE! Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm taking off tomorrow for Paris, and will be kicking around there for a few days (never been!) before then taking a train to Tournus.

My plan is then to fly from Lyon to Madrid, and from there, get to Pamplona and start a walk.

I've had a hard time planning this trip, for many reasons, but I'm very, very glad to be going!

. I am in Pamplona now so you may pass me on the trail. Slow walker here.

My very best wishes for a "Buen Camino" it should be a great walk at this time of year. BTW if you have time do a quick search of SYeates (?) report on her adventures last Nov/Dec it was well worth a read. Cheers
(if I can find it I will send a link)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Best of wishes for your trip. I flew into Madrid a year ago tomorrow for my first Camino. Think about it every day. Next time, I plan on flying to Paris to begin also. Just so much to see! I also think you're going at the perfect time of the year. I share your excitement. Keep us posted on your experience. Please convince me to make another trip sooner rather than later! PLEASE! Buen Camino.

I find that one per year is a good attitude adjustment, and think that it gives one great hope!

Do it!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Say hi Deb .:):):)

You will love Paris .

Wish you a wonderful time and safe travels,Peter.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Have a wonderful time in Paris!
Buen Camino
Keith

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hubby ran the marathon in Paris last year so I got to walk around and see all the Sights myself on the Saturday as well as the Sunday. I hope you have a fab time. We found a really lovely Italian Restaurant (carbing for the Marathon) up a side street off the Champ Elysees called Caffe Italiano.

We are starting in Triacastela Friday 6th October so may come across you along our travels.

Buen Camino Debrita x

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Never been to Paris? Well, you have now. Walk the streets and drink it all in. But resist the urge to order one more cafe au lait et pain au chocolat .....you might miss the train!

Back on Camino. Look after those feet, for they are the magic carpet.........

Buen Camino!

Hi Deb,
Buen Camino and enjoy Paris. You may remember, we originally chatted before your first Camino as I was exactly two years behind you, always intending to start, after retirement, on 1st October 2017. Well, I retired as planned last week and I fly out for Paris tonight, on track to start Sunday as originally planned. The two years just flew by! Anyway, we might meet up en route; you never know.....
Travel safely....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Happy for you! Paris is a gem and I hope you will be staying connected while you are away. If not, in the meantime I will miss your posts/comments and look forward to your return to the forum when you get back home. Buen Camino!

Enjoy. Good luck.
I agree once a year is a great idea. I have to go back in June for a wedding. I find myself already trying to finagle at least a half walk of the Norte.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Deb,
Buen Camino and enjoy Paris. You may remember, we originally chatted before your first Camino as I was exactly two years behind you, always intending to start, after retirement, on 1st October 2017. Well, I retired as planned last week and I fly out for Paris tonight, on track to start Sunday as originally planned. The two years just flew by! Anyway, we might meet up en route; you never know.....
Travel safely....

Hey, I’m in Paris right now, and will be until mid morning on the 29th! Might see you here!

You guys would’ve laughed our heads off to see me getting messed up on the subway from the airport to my hotel! I stood on the wrong side of the platform. Good heavens, must stop following random people! Ha ha! Anyway, I’m in amazing Paris, and seeing the Eiffel tower for the first time just rocked me back on my heels. ... noon Paris time, and 3 AM my time at home. That means it’s time to go take a walk to the Eiffel Tower!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You guys would’ve laughed our heads off to see me getting messed up on the subway from the airport to my hotel! I stood on the wrong side of the platform. Good heavens, must stop following random people! Ha ha! Anyway, I’m in amazing Paris, and seeing the Eiffel tower for the first time just rocked me back on my heels. ... noon Paris time, and 3 AM my time at home. That means it’s time to go take a walk to the Eiffel Tower!
It is quite something going up at night as well. Be careful the city will make you want to stay :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes, you almost have to pinch yourself to believe it's real that you are looking up at the Eiffel Tower after seeing pictures of it our whole lives.

As for getting to your hotel from the airport by yourself, I'm really impressed... "It's a jungle out there"! :)

That is wonderful! I hope you enjoy Paris - beauty wrapped in history! I remember I flew into Paris prior to my first camino and decided to walk from Gare du Nord to Gare Montparnasse. I had 2 hours before my train left and thought it would be a great way to ease into my walk and see a little of Paris! What could go wrong? Well, I walked in exactly the wrong direction for the first half hour!! :) Ha! If you have several days, getting lost in Paris will be a fun thing to do!! Enjoy your trip and buen camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
CaminoDebrita,

What a happy lady you must be as you travel to Paris for the first time as well as to follow another camino!

I wish you Bon voyage, Buen camino.

Be sure to check out these earlier Forum threads for more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino in Paris.

When on the parvis or place facing the Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins and visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy it! As an American who has lived more than 35 years in France both in Paris and Champagne even after all that time for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Godspeed and in the truest sense, Ultreia!
I have walked through those underground Roman ruins too! Incredible what is down there! The only reason why I initially even went was because the line to get in to Notre Dame was too long....what a surprise I found! So happy for the hordes who caused me to divert! :)

Last edited:

Ah, my.... Sitting on Paris' Petit Pont in the Summer of 1977 I underwent a profoundly meaningful 'spiritual awakening'. (Since that moment I have always thought well of Paris.) And from Paris I made a bee-line to Lourdes, and then on to SdeC -- good places to process such things.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Enjoy Paris, I'll parody ET.....Hoooooooome :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Walk on, Camino sister, walk on!

(Man, I'm jealous! I wish I was there too!)

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back