Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Tomorrow in Conques

Jun Meng

The Only Way I know
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Le Puy
We've been walking this route from Le Puy for 9 days. Tomorrow will be in Conques and it will be exact 200kms.

We love very much Le Puy because it's beautiful and sporty and also struggling sometimes.

We've met so many English speakers from all over the world and french people speak English also very good.

You can always find a bed by the end of the day, and they are extremely clean.

Good weather, challenging route, nice people, super gites.

Only thing is on Sunday 99% of the shops and restaurants and servers are close. Little bit stressful.

But like what I've said, it's a wonderful walking experience.

Bon Chemin 👣👣👣

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, April, 2016
Frances: SJPP to Ponferrada April & October, 2017
Le Puy 2018/19
We've been walking this route from Le Puy for 9 days. Tomorrow will be in Conques and it will be exact 200kms.

We love very much Le Puy because it's beautiful and sporty and also struggling sometimes.

We've met so many English speakers from all over the world and french people speak English also very good.

Only thing is on Sunday 99% of the shops and restaurants and servers are close. Little bit stressful.

Bon Chemin 👣👣👣
Well done! You are in for a treat in Conques and, for that matter, all along the way. If you have time, do consider the Cele Valley variant.
Bon Chemin!

Jun Meng

The Only Way I know
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Le Puy
Well done! You are in for a treat in Conques and, for that matter, all along the way. If you have time, do consider the Cele Valley variant.
Bon Chemin!
Thanks Duayne. We keep walking to Pamplona, probably Puente la Reina if the weather allows us going up to see the status again.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Its a simply glorious Way @Jun Meng and I do hope you continue to enjoy it. It does get difficult when the shops are closed on Sundays - and often Mondays as well - which is why we tried to get "demi-pension" whenever we could. I walked the traditional route one year (most enjoyable), and the Cele Valley route the next - the Cele is beautiful but we met not even one other pilgrim until we rejoined the main route.

Steven B

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 31 Aug (2016), Le Puy 24 Jun (2018)
Last year I walked the road into Conques. Something different, on the path you turn left and go down a forest valley track and don't see Conques much until you get there. The road is longer but higher and you approach Conques from above with great open views of the town and also have views of the surrounding valleys.

My preference only, I like to see out more so walk outside the trees and forests at times. I departed from the GR65 quite often as in this case for a better view of the town and surrounding area.

Bon Chemin

Garry Collins

Camino(s) past & future
2014 Frances to Santiago de Compostella

Bon Chemin 👣👣👣
Been wonderful meeting you and Tim ,such a happy couple . Be warned this walk is tough . I just walked Conquest to Noailhac the first 2 ks was Extremely challenging ....Buen Camino.

Jun Meng

The Only Way I know
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Le Puy
Its a simply glorious Way @Jun Meng and I do hope you continue to enjoy it. It does get difficult when the shops are closed on Sundays - and often Mondays as well - which is why we tried to get "demi-pension" whenever we could. I walked the traditional route one year (most enjoyable), and the Cele Valley route the next - the Cele is beautiful but we met not even one other pilgrim until we rejoined the main route.
Hello kanga. Thank you. We enjoy the route very much. And tomorrow will be a big challenge. We are ready for it.

intrepidtraveler

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Madrid, Frances and Finisterre (2015)
Camino Norte-2017; Camino Ingles from A Coruna - 2017
On the Chemin Le Puy, timing seems to be a big factor. I started walking it mid-August and met very few people who spoke English. Through the Chemin grapevine I heard that there were many more pilgrims from English-speaking countries who started a few weeks after I did.

Beautiful route, wonderful French food and loads of history for those who are interested. Highly recommend.

Jun Meng

The Only Way I know
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Le Puy
On the Chemin Le Puy, timing seems to be a big factor. I started walking it mid-August and met very few people who spoke English. Through the Chemin grapevine I heard that there were many more pilgrims from English-speaking countries who started a few weeks after I did.

Beautiful route, wonderful French food and loads of history for those who are interested. Highly recommend.
What I've experienced now, yes. More English speakers and the French people speak also English. It's very beautiful.

Camino(s) past & future
June 2018
Do stay 2 nights in Conques to see the light show on the Cathedral, and hear the Monks play the organ ....the municipal auberge is one of the best, clean and well maintained. It has glowworms in the garden, and lines to dry laundry.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock