• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tomorrow in Conques

Jun Meng

The Only Way I know
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Le Puy
We've been walking this route from Le Puy for 9 days. Tomorrow will be in Conques and it will be exact 200kms.

We love very much Le Puy because it's beautiful and sporty and also struggling sometimes.

We've met so many English speakers from all over the world and french people speak English also very good.

You can always find a bed by the end of the day, and they are extremely clean.

Good weather, challenging route, nice people, super gites.

Only thing is on Sunday 99% of the shops and restaurants and servers are close. Little bit stressful.

But like what I've said, it's a wonderful walking experience.

Bon Chemin 👣👣👣

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We've been walking this route from Le Puy for 9 days. Tomorrow will be in Conques and it will be exact 200kms.

We love very much Le Puy because it's beautiful and sporty and also struggling sometimes.

We've met so many English speakers from all over the world and french people speak English also very good.

Only thing is on Sunday 99% of the shops and restaurants and servers are close. Little bit stressful.

Bon Chemin 👣👣👣
Well done! You are in for a treat in Conques and, for that matter, all along the way. If you have time, do consider the Cele Valley variant.
Bon Chemin!

Well done! You are in for a treat in Conques and, for that matter, all along the way. If you have time, do consider the Cele Valley variant.
Bon Chemin!
Thanks Duayne. We keep walking to Pamplona, probably Puente la Reina if the weather allows us going up to see the status again.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Its a simply glorious Way @Jun Meng and I do hope you continue to enjoy it. It does get difficult when the shops are closed on Sundays - and often Mondays as well - which is why we tried to get "demi-pension" whenever we could. I walked the traditional route one year (most enjoyable), and the Cele Valley route the next - the Cele is beautiful but we met not even one other pilgrim until we rejoined the main route.

Thanks for the update Jun Meng... I start from Le Puy in 2 weeks time 17th October.

Last year I walked the road into Conques. Something different, on the path you turn left and go down a forest valley track and don't see Conques much until you get there. The road is longer but higher and you approach Conques from above with great open views of the town and also have views of the surrounding valleys.

My preference only, I like to see out more so walk outside the trees and forests at times. I departed from the GR65 quite often as in this case for a better view of the town and surrounding area.

Bon Chemin

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Bon Chemin 👣👣👣
Been wonderful meeting you and Tim ,such a happy couple . Be warned this walk is tough . I just walked Conquest to Noailhac the first 2 ks was Extremely challenging ....Buen Camino.

Its a simply glorious Way @Jun Meng and I do hope you continue to enjoy it. It does get difficult when the shops are closed on Sundays - and often Mondays as well - which is why we tried to get "demi-pension" whenever we could. I walked the traditional route one year (most enjoyable), and the Cele Valley route the next - the Cele is beautiful but we met not even one other pilgrim until we rejoined the main route.
Hello kanga. Thank you. We enjoy the route very much. And tomorrow will be a big challenge. We are ready for it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
On the Chemin Le Puy, timing seems to be a big factor. I started walking it mid-August and met very few people who spoke English. Through the Chemin grapevine I heard that there were many more pilgrims from English-speaking countries who started a few weeks after I did.

Beautiful route, wonderful French food and loads of history for those who are interested. Highly recommend.

On the Chemin Le Puy, timing seems to be a big factor. I started walking it mid-August and met very few people who spoke English. Through the Chemin grapevine I heard that there were many more pilgrims from English-speaking countries who started a few weeks after I did.

Beautiful route, wonderful French food and loads of history for those who are interested. Highly recommend.
What I've experienced now, yes. More English speakers and the French people speak also English. It's very beautiful.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Do stay 2 nights in Conques to see the light show on the Cathedral, and hear the Monks play the organ ....the municipal auberge is one of the best, clean and well maintained. It has glowworms in the garden, and lines to dry laundry.

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back