• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

COVID Tomorrow is my annual camino departure day anniversary

Walden

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte, Camino Frances, Camino Primitivo, Camino Portuguese, Voie de la Neve. GR Andalucia
Every year for the last five years I have departed for a month long camino on June 30th. Tomorrow will be a frustrating day. I will walk the local woods again, for the hundreth time this year, and try not to reflect on the fact that travelling to another adventure is out for now. It isn't easy though.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Every year for the last five years I have departed for a month long camino on June 30th. Tomorrow will be a frustrating day. I will walk the local woods again, for the hundreth time this year, and try not to reflect on the fact that travelling to another adventure is out for now. It isn't easy though.
I sympathize. I've been walking the Caminos every April-May for the last five years, too...different month, same feelings.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
It isn't easy though.
I understand your sorrow - we all do 😞😢

We have to stay positive - but we’re all hoping to see the light and good safe walking times arrive for spain. The times - they are a-Changin...

and like you say - it’s not easy.

Buen camino
Annie

Anik2001

Camino(s) past & future
Past: Camino Frances (2017), future: Frances again (2020)well hopefully 2021...
I understand what you’re going through. I was to leave SJPP on the 30th too. I try to enjoy my local walks and hope for next year.

Advertisement

Booking.com