• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Topo ultraventure 2

Embee12

Time of past OR future Camino
First time: Fall 2022
In the ever-continuing shoes-for-wide feet annals:

If you have the the Topo Ultraventure 2, do you usually size up 1/2 or 1 whole size? I'm still struggling with the Lone Peaks' zero-drop and my budding heel pain/plantar fasc. I liked the shape and cushioning of the Topo shoe, but only had one size (which was two sizes too large) at my local REI, and no others around have any (and apparently are not getting anymore? At least that's what mind said), so I think I'll be trying online.

Thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In the ever-continuing shoes-for-wide feet annals:

If you have the the Topo Ultraventure 2, do you usually size up 1/2 or 1 whole size? I'm still struggling with the Lone Peaks' zero-drop and my budding heel pain/plantar fasc. I liked the shape and cushioning of the Topo shoe, but only had one size (which was two sizes too large) at my local REI, and no others around have any (and apparently are not getting anymore? At least that's what mind said), so I think I'll be trying online.

Thanks.
I will be wearing Topo Ultraventure 2, and went up a half size. They have worked well so far during training walks, very comfortable, and perfect with a pair of Darn Tough socks. Buen Camino!

I walked my first Invierno in November 2019 using the Topo Hydraventure, WP shoe they no longer make. It rained nearly daily, plenty of mud, and my feet stayed dry. Hoping they eventually make another hiking WP shoe soon.

I am new to TOPOs, they are hard to find in Vancouver, Canada area. I ended up ordering direct the TOPO ultraventure pro. I like them, a little different so getting used to them. I just went up a half size too. They have a rock plate, so they are stiffer than most trail runners. I put in different insoles, Timberland Pros, I like the more rubbery cushion, than the open cell foam insoles. TBH, I love the feel of Hokas, I have a pair of Speedgoats, but I wonder if they would last a whole Camino? Some of the Hokas you can get in wide, which I would prefer if I went Hokas. Instead of a size up in Hoka, I'd do a half size up, and get wides, as feet swell in width, not so much length. Your thoughts?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Angelarcher, I'm planning to wear my topo ultraventure 2 and darn tough socks in Sep. Have you gone yet? I love my shoes, but when I walked 10 miles last week, I developed blisters on the balls of my feet. Any issues with yours?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I just started a thread on this shoe. I start the camino on Tuesday so ping me in a week and I will have more feedback for you.
Angelarcher, I'm planning to wear my topo ultraventure 2 and darn tough socks in Sep. Have you gone yet? I love my shoes, but when I walked 10 miles last week, I developed blisters on the balls of my feet. Any issues with yours?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen Camino, Mananath. I look forward to hearing your feedback on your Topos.
I suggest trying on a few sizes and taking them for a long walk. I think they are great shoes- awesome sole, great traction, cushioning so you don't feel rocks and the footbed is very comfy. However I can't get them to fit my foot so I will be replacing them asap. I have a wide foot with a high arch which sucks up the volume of the shoe and makes it uncomfortably tight.

I suggest trying on a few sizes and taking them for a long walk. I think they are great shoes- awesome sole, great traction, cushioning so you don't feel rocks and the footbed is very comfy. However I can't get them to fit my foot so I will be replacing them asap. I have a wide foot with a high arch which sucks up the volume of the shoe and makes it uncomfortably tight.
Bummer, Mananath. I have extremely high arches too, but average width. If I can toughen up the balls of my feet and try taping, I think my topo ultraventure 2 will be fine. They are extremely comfortable except when my soles heat up. At least for now, I'll keep training with them. I'll be anxious to hear what you end up with. May they be perfect for your feet!

Bummer, Mananath. I have extremely high arches too, but average width. If I can toughen up the balls of my feet and try taping, I think my topo ultraventure 2 will be fine. They are extremely comfortable except when my soles heat up. At least for now, I'll keep training with them. I'll be anxious to hear what you end up with. May they be perfect for your feet!
Struck out in Madrid today so I will start with the UV2s though I plan to move to my Chacos soon. I have about 20 miles in the UV2 and haven't gotten any unexpected blisters so there is that... Good luck with the taping ! I do really like the cushioning on these shoes.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.