Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Torremejia

The new albergue opened yesterday: it is superb! You will find it in an old palace with shells round the door, right next to the church. It has 21 beds in 7 rooms, including two double rooms which a first-night occupant described as Parador standard, except no towels! €10 each. Wifi. I'm cross we had already booked into the private Albergue Rojo Plata: this is also newish, but much more crowded and with lots of officious notices! And €12 each, with no Wifi. (Free internet use at Casa Cultura quite near the church: open evenings and I think mornings.)

NB I don't recommend the linked, but not adjacent - Restaurant/Bar Rojo Plata either.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, Martin,
This is good news. Last year when I was in Torremejia, the albergue was permanently closed. I was told that the town had spent months and months renovating the building, and then opened it as an albergue for several weeks and then closed it again. It looked like a beautiful building, sort of along the lines of the albergue at Fuente de Cantos.

And I second your bad review of the Albergue Rojo Plata. When we came walking into town, several people encouraged us to go there and to stay away from the two star hotel on the highway, but I think we followed some bad advice, and I don't think the prices were very different. But at least we didn't eat our dinner at their restaurant (despite their pressure) and were very happy we didn't -- people who did said the food was pretty bad . I think this is one of those "let's see how much we can milk out of the pilgrims" businesses and nothing more.

Hope things continue to go well, it sounds like you're having a great camino! Laurie

durzon

Totally agree about Rojo Plata - had lunch in the restaurant yesterday and it was greasy and quite expensive and not very clean and certainly not an advertisement for the albergue under the same ownership. I was relieved I still had plenty of time to get to Merida.

helann

Stayed in the "new" albergue 30/5 in a large dubble room with own bathroom and separate toilet (15€) and a breakfast for 2€. Nice and clean, good hotel-standard, elevator, tv-room, dining room.
Helene

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

ranthr

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
When I visited the church passing Torremejia in the beginning of May the priest told me about the new albergue and that it would open in June. Glad to hear that it is a nice place. The priest seemed very happy about the opening.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads