• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Torres del Rio--Main Albergue closed

Only Casa Mari isopen & was complete around 3 pm today. There are about 6 people sleeping on mattresses on the terraces as well. Still more peregrinos kept arriving, but no room. About 40 are sleeping on the porch of the church. Although there is a bar, a restaurant & a tienda, only the tienda has food for dinner & breakfast. The restaurant is closed & the bar does not serve food, not even tapas, even though he has a kitchen & tables to do so.

If you end up in Los Arcos after 12, stay in Los Arcos as there may not be any room in Torres del Rio & the next town is 10k away.

dg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi,

I've seen this on your blog: "I have also decided to stop walking on Sunday in Logrono."

Does that mean you will completely stop walking already? Or only on that Sunday? Or did I miss something?

Hi Jerome! I had planned to walk to Burgos this time around, but my friends are stopping at Logrono to return home. Since I plan at this point to return with Mary in September, it makes no sense to continue walking on when I´ll be walking from Logrono with her then. :D

It was originally my plan to do the entire Camino in one trip, but because of my other responsibilities, it is not possible. So, after tomorrow, I will be leaving the Camino temporarily, & returning in September to continue on further down the road to Santiago. :arrow:

dg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Only Casa Mari isopen & was complete...there is a bar, a restaurant & a tienda, only the tienda has food for dinner & breakfast. The restaurant is closed & the bar does not serve food
Your words reminded me that it is important to plan a day's journey the PM before, as much as possible, with whatever updated info may be available, say from the hospitalero/a at the albergue one is spending the night at, town folk, fellow-pilgrims, notes posted on refugios, etc. Just bec a refugio, a drinking water fountain, or a "bar," r listed in a guidebook doesn't mean they will be up and functioning when we pass by it. Thanks, dg. Keep the (cyber) churros going! Best, xm 8)

WolverineDG said:
Hi Jerome! I had planned to walk to Burgos this time around, but my friends are stopping at Logrono to return home. Since I plan at this point to return with Mary in September, it makes no sense to continue walking on when I´ll be walking from Logrono with her then. :D dg

Ahh Wolverine..... I am glad to read this. I was thinking your leg had got so sore you were going to finish. I am glad to hear you are coming back, and I look forward to reading of the rest of your Camino in September!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Stopping already? :( :(

I was just getting used to blog inspections!

Los Arcos... Hmm... I think for me, Los Arcos will always be the place to stop before Logrono.

I love this part of the CF; as a matter of fact I slept in Los Arcos (where people were putting big bottles of cool water on their doorstep for the pilgrims) and also in Viana before reaching Logrono.

I was really taking it easy !

I love this part of the CF...Los Arcos...Viana...
Isn't that something...how tastes and likes vary according to each one of us and our very personal journeys. I hated the ups/downs of this section...what a relief to walk those high steps to Viana! Best, xm 8)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ulysse said:
I was really taking it easy !

Glad to hear it! I hope I will do the same, and take my time to experience a lot of the smaller places en route. That is the way I explored the Loire by bicycle. I hope I don't feel pressured by the need for a bed to keep going fast to try and beat the rush. I am not a fast mover by nature! I guess the difference with cycling though will be the sore feet, and the urge to get off them.

...hope I don't feel pressured by the need for a bed to keep going fast to try and beat the rush...

If u don't succumb to the temptation from the begining, u'll become immune to it :!:

Sleeping mat

If I am going to be slow though, seems like I might just have to pack that sleeping mat after all! I notice in one of Athena's photos after she arrived in Santiago, she had a photo of some new arrivals, with sleeping mats on the outside of their packs - maybe they never used them, or maybe they are a sign of crowded refugios. I have a 3/4 thermarest that I used all the time for about seven weeks while campling in France and Jersey. Very comfortable.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If I am going to be slow though, seems like I might just have to pack that sleeping mat after all!
I took one during my first Camino and never used it, and I am slooww; left it in an albergue somewhere. Since then I've never taken another one. But, knowing then I had that option, made me feel better. Best, xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back