• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Toulouse and Camino Aragones

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Lucky you... I love that area of France. I have to say it's been unseasonally wet this January. Toulouse is 3 hours form me... if it had been closer we could have shared a coffee... or a vin rouge :)

Have a great walk :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Bon chemin Falcon! As always Ultreia!

Toulouse is a wonderful city with much brick construction. Hence it appears to 'glow' rosy especially at dusk. You will love it. Near the famous basilica of Saint Sernin are many good small cafes serving delicious set meals at a reasonable price. I strongly recommend Le Cafe Saint Sernin at 2 Rue St Bernard where many art students lunch; its a happy spot.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The decaying hotel in Pibrac has closed. The bar next door says it is permanent. One of the best places I have stayed is the Friendly Auberge in Colomiers. An American ex-pat bought a hotel and created a hotel, gîte dormitory, bar, and restaurant. It works because she does, sixteen hours a day seven days a week. The hotel and restaurant are upscale enough to attract the Airbus crowd.

Léguevin is still maintained and open. Off season call ahead to sure it is open.

The Tourist Office has hours seven days a week to access the gîte in the rear of its building in L’Isle Jourdain. The town center is a bit of a trek from the gîte, but the affordable hotel is even further. The market is still on Saturday, and the town center is closed to traffic as everyone comes to town. A somewhat expensive hotel sits on the town square if you have 80€.

The Pilgrim gîte in Pau is not open in winter. My French was not good enough (or my hearing) to ascertain if it is ever open anymore. The priest/monk had a shouted conversation with him on the second floor and me on the street. If you go there, call to clarify.

There was rain today, and the hands-free umbrella works!

The Gave d'Aspe is changing. The rail service from Pau has made it an easy commute to Bedous. There is a lot of renovation and new building. Winter is not a good gauge of the effect on pilgrims. Nor have a lot of new places opened for "second coffee."

As in all of France, call ahead to check for closures.

Occasional light rain, but very walkable this time of year.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
For a few kilometers after Bedous, crews are clearing trees from the tracks. Then there is nothing until near the tunnel, where crews are again at work. Perhaps Pau will connect to Jaca again!

It is ski season and Jaca is filled with kids on ski excursions.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back