• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tour Groups

jfc731

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
I am new to the forum but already comforted knowing that it even exists, so thank you to everyone. I am a bit overwhelmed as I consider to book everything myself or pay for a Camino company to do that for me. I intend to walk the Camino in September 2024 and have asked for quotes from multiple companies. In each case I have asked for EXACTLY the same add ons (my words, but they are not really add ons) and it is amazing how radically different the pricing is. This concerns me a bit. I have read the debate that occurs in the forums and have not made a decision either way, but wanted to know if there were one Camino tour company that stands out best among them all. Thank you.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am new to the forum but already comforted knowing that it even exists, so thank you to everyone. I am a bit overwhelmed as I consider to book everything myself or pay for a Camino company to do that for me. I intend to walk the Camino in September 2024 and have asked for quotes from multiple companies. In each case I have asked for EXACTLY the same add ons (my words, but they are not really add ons) and it is amazing how radically different the pricing is. This concerns me a bit. I have read the debate that occurs in the forums and have not made a decision either way, but wanted to know if there were one Camino tour company that stands out best amont them all. Thank you.
There is no operator universally recommended; although many seem to do the job satisfactorily.

You really don’t need one, however. It’s really not difficult. It’s just like booking one-night’s accommodation, repeated several times. The bag transport via correos or others, if you really need more than you can carry, is straightforward.

Whilst everyone is free to make their own decision a pre-booked baggage-transported package tour rather dilutes the experience IMHO; you might as well take a cruise.

I'm going to get close to begging...but please don't use a tour operator. I always say "hike your own hike" but you can't fathom how great it is to go with not agenda and no plan...you might want to wake up earlier (happened to me) and go longer (happened to me as well) on different days. I hiked a lot of 40km days but once did a 28km hike from Najera to Granon (with plans to continue hiking after lunch)...and stayed in Granon all afternoon and attended the evening pilgram meal and then prayer session...being flexible allowed that to happen.

I never ran into a closed albergue...not once...it won't happen to you either.

Either way, hike your own hike and Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm going to get close to begging...but please don't use a tour operator. I always say "hike your own hike" but you can't fathom how great it is to go with not agenda and no plan...you might want to wake up earlier (happened to me) and go longer (happened to me as well) on different days. I hiked a lot of 40km days but once did a 28km hike from Najera to Granon (with plans to continue hiking after lunch)...and stayed in Granon all afternoon and attended the evening pilgram meal and then prayer session...being flexible allowed that to happen.

I never ran into a closed albergue...not once...it won't happen to you either.

Either way, hike your own hike and Buen Camino
Thank you for the reply. I am considering booking myself for somewhat the same reason with the exception being not walking more each day, but walking less. What if I feel poorly one day but my pre-booked accommodation is still 6 miles away and I know on that day I cannot make it. What do I do now? Kudos to you for advising based upon walking more. I am fearful on the other side of the matter. Either way thank you for taking the time to reply. The thought of not knowing where I may be staying each day does make me a bit nervous though I must admit.

I’m going to join the chorus of those encouraging you to plan your own Camino. At this point, it may seem like a huge undertaking, but it’s not. Most of us who have walked one or more Caminos do
our own planning and do it very successfully. With the online resources available, you can easily arrange accommodations, bag transfers, and figure out the distances that you want to walk daily. You’ll be in good hands with all the other newbies and veterans walking The Way with you.

However, if you are set on going with a company, and being someone who has organized and led group trips to Europe, I completely understand the comfort issues involved with this type of travel. Let me mention one company and operator who I personally know does a good job. Rui and his wife Yolanda have been leading Camino tours in Spain and Portugal for a number of years. I have had the pleasure of meating people on his tours who love how they have put together a Camino experience. Check out this website:

Rui’s tours are not cheap, but from what his clients have told me, they were very satisfied with the high quality of his services.

In any case, I would encourage you to start researching how you could put together your own walk, but if that doesn’t work for you, there are alternatives for helping you along The Way.

I’m going to join the chorus of those encouraging you to plan your own Camino. At this point, it may seem like a huge undertaking, but it’s not. Most of us who have walked one or more Caminos do
our own planning and do it very successfully. With the online resources available, you can easily arrange accommodations, bag transfers, and figure out the distances that you want to walk daily. You’ll be in good hands with all the other newbies and veterans walking The Way with you.

However, if you are set on going with a company, and being someone who has organized and led group trips to Europe, I completely understand the comfort issues involved with this type of travel. Let me mention one company and operator who I personally know does a good job. Rui and his wife Yolanda have been leading Camino tours in Spain and Portugal for a number of years. I have had the pleasure of meating people on his tours who love how they have put together a Camino experience. Check out this website:

Rui’s tours are not cheap, but from what his clients have told me, they were very satisfied with the high quality of his services.

In any case, I would encourage you to start researching how you could put together your own walk, but if that doesn’t work for you, there are alternatives for helping you along The Way.
Thank you for the reply, the recommendation and for joining the chorus! I appreciate you offering your thoughts. I am uncertain of many things at this moment, but that means I have more research to do and more to consider.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you for the reply. I am considering booking myself for somewhat the same reason with the exception being not walking more each day, but walking less. What if I feel poorly one day but my pre-booked accommodation is still 6 miles away and I know on that day I cannot make it. What do I do now? Kudos to you for advising based upon walking more. I am fearful on the other side of the matter. Either way thank you for taking the time to reply. The thought of not knowing where I may be staying each day does make me a bit nervous though I must admit.

You take a taxi to your next destination. It isn't that complicated.

If you find you don’t have the energy to walk to your pre- booked accommodation, the solution is to call a taxi, on the Frances they are readily available. There are many folks who pre- book their own accommodation whether it is the entire way or just a night or 2 if that makes it more relaxing

I recommend thinking about why you want to walk your Camino and basing your decision around that.

If you want an interesting, safe and simple walking holiday through beautiful parts of Spain in conjunction with a significant investment of your own time and some physical effort on your part then an organised, pre-booked and pre-planned trip can reduce the need for day to day decision making and going with others who have done it all before is very safe.

If you want to challenge yourself and your way of being in some manner then that would point in other directions.

If you are seeking a religious experience then how you go about organising your Camino is less relevant than your thoughts and actions while on Camino.

I walked my first Camino to give myself space to deal with grief and to think about my life purpose. I did almost no planning beyond my flight bookings, travel within Spain to France and St. Jean Pied de Port and my first night's accommodation.

This worked for me and it also works for others but may not suit you.

On the way I had a revelation on my relationship with Serendipity.

Serendipity played a major part in all of the most cherished and significant memories of that Camino. From the pleasant conversations I was forced to have with friendly locals on the one time when I was briefly "lost" to the humanity and kindness shown to me when I became seriously ill for a short time.

I am currently on my next Camino, walking from Madrid to Sahagún and Serendipity is my companion and my friend.

Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I used a tour company to arrange accommodation for my first Camino and it worked really well. I walked it by myself, not as part of a group. That gave me the confidence to arrange the following walks myself. It is actually quite simple – and cheaper. I still prefer to book most accommodation in advance; there are of course pros and cons to that approach, but to me personally, the pros outweigh the cons – but we are all different, so do what you feel is right for you - we all have to start somewhere.

Buen Camino!

What you learned during your planning process about the Camino is priceless. There is no way that a tour company can replace that value, that education, and that thrill and Santiago de campostella what you look yourself in the eye and say"I did it".. Skip the fears and dive in. 2 days into planning your trip you'll wonder why you even posted this. Buen Camino

I am new to the forum but already comforted knowing that it even exists, so thank you to everyone. I am a bit overwhelmed as I consider to book everything myself or pay for a Camino company to do that for me. I intend to walk the Camino in September 2024 and have asked for quotes from multiple companies. In each case I have asked for EXACTLY the same add ons (my words, but they are not really add ons) and it is amazing how radically different the pricing is. This concerns me a bit. I have read the debate that occurs in the forums and have not made a decision either way, but wanted to know if there were one Camino tour company that stands out best amont them all. Thank you.
We're all different and if you want an organised tour that's what you want.

However, two things to consider.

Why do you want an organised tour?
(That's not to answer here, but for you to ask yourself)

And, with a departure of September 2024 you have a whole lot of time to prepare and book, especially if you plan on travelling solo or as a couple.
I am not a huge fan of researching in too much detail but I am a big fan of seeking out inspiration. For me, knowing that something can be done is of far more importance than knowing how to do it.

Of all the places in the world to arrive and start walking (or if you want to go straight to hell - bicycling :) ) westwards there are few places better set up than Northern Spain. At this stage there is no personal circumstance nor eventuality that hasn't been encountered before. Not only is it doable, it is enjoyable!

The thought of not knowing where I may be staying each day does make me a bit nervous though I must admit.
Believe it or not, it can be incredibly liberating!
Like a lot of things to do with the Camino (and life) that which is unusual to us can be scary.

But things that are unusual to us can become usual. We call it practice.
How many members here were scared of a 10km walk on the flat and now happily walk twice or thrice that uphill?

The Camino can be a lot more than a hike through a lovely part of the world.
It can change the way we think - if we are open to it.

I don't know how long you have been thinking about this or how much research you have done but I'd suggest digging down for what you find inspiring, what speaks to you and armed with that information you'll be in a better place to make the best decision - for you. I see no need to rush.

Don't let "Home You" make too many decisions for "Camino You". Camino You may not thank you later.

Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am on the Camino right now, having booked all my accommodations in advance. It is very easy albeit a little time consuming to do it yourself. The gronze website is your best friend for doing this.

I had a really bad blister on my foot about a week into the journey and I took taxis for the two days I couldn’t walk. Taxis are easily obtained by asking at your accommodation or any bar. It wasn’t ideal, but is wasn’t a big deal either. Sometimes busses are available also between the larger towns. I did that as well when I decided to walk a half-day when dealing with the blister early on.

My only suggestion is to know yourself well enough to know what your daily distance should be if you want to book everything ahead. I set an average of 20km a day and that has worked well for me. But if I had set an average of 25km that would have been too much and taking taxis every day would be expensive and demoralizing, or you would have to spend a lot of time reorganizing everything.

I have also been using Correos to transport a bag and that was really easy on their web site, which has an English version. Today is my 17th day and my bag has been at my destination every day when I got there. There are several companies who do this and all seem equally good from what I have heard so far.

Finally, I really enjoyed the process of doing it myself. I chose for myself where I wanted to stay based on my needs and learned a lot about the towns as I researched.

Hello new friend! I had never been to Spain before and was nervous about lodging, but I planned the whole thing myself. I didn’t have the money to even think about a tour company. Use Gronze dot com and apps like Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino, and you can do it yourself too (if you decide that’s for you, of course.)

Thi
I recommend thinking about why you want to walk your Camino and basing your decision around that.

If you want an interesting, safe and simple walking holiday through beautiful parts of Spain in conjunction with a significant investment of your own time and some physical effort on your part then an organised, pre-booked and pre-planned trip can reduce the need for day to day decision making and going with others who have done it all before is very safe.

If you want to challenge yourself and your way of being in some manner then that would point in other directions.

If you are seeking a religious experience then how you go about organising your Camino is less relevant than your thoughts and actions while on Camino.

I walked my first Camino to give myself space to deal with grief and to think about my life purpose. I did almost no planning beyond my flight bookings, travel within Spain to France and St. Jean Pied de Port and my first night's accommodation.

This worked for me and it also works for others but may not suit you.

On the way I had a revelation on my relationship with Serendipity.

Serendipity played a major part in all of the most cherished and significant memories of that Camino. From the pleasant conversations I was forced to have with friendly locals on the one time when I was briefly "lost" to the humanity and kindness shown to me when I became seriously ill for a short time.

I am currently on my next Camino, walking from Madrid to Sahagún and Serendipity is my companion and my friend.

Buen Camino
This is a great answer.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am on the Camino right now, having booked all my accommodations in advance. It is very easy albeit a little time consuming to do it yourself. The gronze website is your best friend for doing this.

I had a really bad blister on my foot about a week into the journey and I took taxis for the two days I couldn’t walk. Taxis are easily obtained by asking at your accommodation or any bar. It wasn’t ideal, but is wasn’t a big deal either. Sometimes busses are available also between the larger towns. I did that as well when I decided to walk a half-day when dealing with the blister early on.

My only suggestion is to know yourself well enough to know what your daily distance should be if you want to book everything ahead. I set an average of 20km a day and that has worked well for me. But if I had set an average of 25km that would have been too much and taking taxis every day would be expensive and demoralizing, or you would have to spend a lot of time reorganizing everything.

I have also been using Correos to transport a bag and that was really easy on their web site, which has an English version. Today is my 17th day and my bag has been at my destination every day when I got there. There are several companies who do this and all seem equally good from what I have heard so far.

Finally, I really enjoyed the process of doing it myself. I chose for myself where I wanted to stay based on my needs and learned a lot about the towns as I researched.
Curious as to how many days in advance you booked. Thanks.

Curious as to how many days in advance you booked. Thanks.

I started booking about 6 months in advance. But booking that early isn’t really necessary unless you want to be picky about where you stay. I just wanted to be able to get my first choice.

A pilgrimage isn't going to be easy, it won't be super hard either. It will surely give you what you need. My suggestion is to go with as little planning as possible. This will allow you to step out of your comfort zone and allow the powers that be interject all the magic, joy and love into your pilgrimage. The Camino is alive and is willing to share to those whom are open to receiving. Do you believe in magic?

God Bless and Buen Camino :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have sent you a private message, if you don't know how to read it click on your name at the top on the blue heading and you should be able to find it.

Who ever you use I would avoid Macs Adventures like the plague. You might try TEE Travel. They have an office in Santiago De Compostela.

Don’t throw your money away on “ COMPANIES” - Use the Correos for luggage transfer - used them for 10 years ,impeccable- Booking.com for accommodation plus the odd e Mail direct . Important to book first 5 stays on the Frances - not much there. Buen Camino.

Spanish Adventures has been excellent. Garry, the owner, walks the Camino himself and takes groups, so he knows accommodations, recommends restaurants and gives you lots of information, for a reasonable price. He contacts you frequently to be sure all is going okay. He even arranged a dentist appointment for me when I broke a tooth!

Listen to the story of Stacia. She started out with a tour company and decided to drop them because they we're not going fast enough. See her in my video here:
Check it out starting at the 7:45 mark

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
OH!!!! Please please please rethink using a tour company. I can't explain it very well unfortunately but using a tour company feels like it takes away so much of the experience. You CAN plan this. Yes, it takes a little time but in doing so you will learn much. And you have a year to plan.

What if you book a tour company for the first week, or just a few days if that’s possible, then you should have the confidence to continue the Camino on your own after having chatted to other Pilgrims along the way.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The thought of not knowing where I may be staying each day does make me a bit nervous though I must admit.
Everyone feels this, at first. But when you do it it gets easier.
I booked one night, but turned up on the wrong day and we still got beds.
One night my wife and I had to taxi elsewhere and return, the other 44 nights were fine.
Some days were short walks, some were long, some 'rest' days I got restless and walked half a day. One rest day became two.
Sometimes in dorms, sometimes in private rooms, sometimes in hotels - we chose during the day when we could see what was available where we felt like stopping.
It was incredibly liberating.

I kind of made myself a tentative (I knew it could change at any point) schedule to walk the Camino Francés from SJ PP over 50 days, so I could average 10 miles (15-20 km) per day. I booked the first few days, as those tend to have fewer options, and then later alternated booking for a day or two ahead or staying at municipal/parroquial albergues. It was a really nice mix and I was glad I did the planning on my own. Sending your backpack on is easy, it seems, though I liked the freedom of being minimalist (packing light) and carrying my backpack each day. I just finished my Camino 2 days ago and am still in Santiago; I would recommend at least a few days here. It’s a wonderful city.

I can't explain it very well unfortunately but using a tour company feels like it takes away so much of the experience.
I'm pretty sure that as someone who hasn't used a tour company, I have no idea whether or not it would take away anything from my pilgrimage were I to use one. More, having had friends who have been walking the camino longer than I have recently use a tour company for a group, it actually allowed her to get more from the camino experience not being distracted by the day to day organisational arrangements for her friends. I think I would wait until I had actually done a camino before making such bold pronouncements, and see if your own experience and your observations of how others, including those that are using tour companies, experience their caminos matches your current expectations.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I mostly agree with the majority here who sing the praises of planning your own Camino, but everyone is different. For those who are very apprehensive to go it alone, they should not feel "lesser" if they feel a need to use a service, whether with a tour or something in between.
My friend, @maryloufrommadison, who I meet up with on occasion at home, has posted above, #23. She absolutely loved her first Camino that was planned for her; the lodging was booked for her and assistance the first few days, but she was not in any group and walked alone, making friends along the way. It gave her the confidence to have recently gone again fully on her own.
We are meeting up next week to walk, have lunch, and to share our stories of our recent Caminos.

There is no operator universally recommended; although many seem to do the job satisfactorily.

You really don’t need one, however. It’s really not difficult. It’s just like booking one-night’s accommodation, repeated several times. The bag transport via correos or others, if you really need more than you can carry, is straightforward.

Whilst everyone is free to make their own decision a pre-booked baggage-transported package tour rather dilutes the experience IMHO; you might as well take a cruise.
Thank you for the reply and with the more research I do I gain confidence in doing as you suggest. Thank you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
What if you book a tour company for the first week, or just a few days if that’s possible, then you should have the confidence to continue the Camino on your own after having chatted to other Pilgrims along the way.
Now that recommendation seems like a splendid alternative; a bit of a hybrid model. Love it and thank you for the reply.

OK I admit I made a mistake. It was a gut reaction. My apologies.
No need to apologize. Each reply and expression of one's thoughts is helping me as I consider what is the right choice for me. Thank you.

We're all different and if you want an organised tour that's what you want.

However, two things to consider.

Why do you want an organised tour?
(That's not to answer here, but for you to ask yourself)

And, with a departure of September 2024 you have a whole lot of time to prepare and book, especially if you plan on travelling solo or as a couple.
I am not a huge fan of researching in too much detail but I am a big fan of seeking out inspiration. For me, knowing that something can be done is of far more importance than knowing how to do it.

Of all the places in the world to arrive and start walking (or if you want to go straight to hell - bicycling :) ) westwards there are few places better set up than Northern Spain. At this stage there is no personal circumstance nor eventuality that hasn't been encountered before. Not only is it doable, it is enjoyable!

Believe it or not, it can be incredibly liberating!
Like a lot of things to do with the Camino (and life) that which is unusual to us can be scary.

But things that are unusual to us can become usual. We call it practice.
How many members here were scared of a 10km walk on the flat and now happily walk twice or thrice that uphill?

The Camino can be a lot more than a hike through a lovely part of the world.
It can change the way we think - if we are open to it.

I don't know how long you have been thinking about this or how much research you have done but I'd suggest digging down for what you find inspiring, what speaks to you and armed with that information you'll be in a better place to make the best decision - for you. I see no need to rush.

Don't let "Home You" make too many decisions for "Camino You". Camino You may not thank you later.

Buen Camino
I was remiss in not conveying to you how much I loved this closing line. "

Don't let 'Home You' make too many decisions for "Camino You". Camino You may not thank you later."

Still more to read and consider but having a group like you all to offer counsel makes everything easier. This community is welcoming and what more can a new member ask for?

I'm pretty sure that as someone who hasn't used a tour company, I have no idea whether or not it would take away anything from my pilgrimage were I to use one. More, having had friends who have been walking the camino longer than I have recently use a tour company for a group, it actually allowed her to get more from the camino experience not being distracted by the day to day organisational arrangements for her friends. I think I would wait until I had actually done a camino before making such bold pronouncements, and see if your own experience and your observations of how others, including those that are using tour companies, experience their caminos matches your current expectations.
This is such a great reply. I have always wanted to ask a question about tour companies but am afraid to after reading the answers of other members. I have seen answers, to me, that seem a bit mocking or sarcastic. Many are encouraging...trying to give people the confidence to plan the Camino on their own and are kind and mean well in their replies. If I were brave enough to ask a question about tour companies my hope would be that someone who has used one will answer. I would love some real information and reviews of self guided tour companies as I make plans for walking in October 2023.

This is such a great reply. I have always wanted to ask a question about tour companies but am afraid to after reading the answers of other members. I have seen answers, to me, that seem a bit mocking or sarcastic. Many are encouraging...trying to give people the confidence to plan the Camino on their own and are kind and mean well in their replies. If I were brave enough to ask a question about tour companies my hope would be that someone who has used one will answer. I would love some real information and reviews of self guided tour companies as I make plans for walking in October 2023.
Did you read post #23? It is a very positive report.

I have always wanted to ask a question about tour companies but am afraid to after reading the answers of other members. I have seen answers, to me, that seem a bit mocking or sarcastic.
On this thread? I have just reviewed the whole thread and find the responses all to be courteous and relevant.

I know this post is old, but if you haven’t already found a company, you should look at www.theCaminoexperience.com. Nancy, the owner, has been walking the Camino since 2005. She has an awesome podcast as well, but she also leads a group that specifically gets you going for the first few days to get the hang of things and then she sends you off on your own. Might be just the thing you’re looking for and she’s absolutely lovely.

So.. I take small groups of pilgrims who don't want to walk alone for a variety of reasons.
(My groups are full for Spring 2024, btw, so this isn't a fishing post)

But I also have a free planning group on Facebook that you're welcome to join if you're interested in planning this yourself. It will give you a lot of practical information - things I've gleaned since walking various routes almost every year since 2006. I don't allow other people to post - which people either love or hate - it's more like a free guidebook - but I do post a question thread every day in case you can't find an answer on the page. You can find it on Facebook at this link:

Camino Planning Group

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I know this post is old, but if you haven’t already found a company, you should look at www.theCaminoexperience.com. Nancy, the owner, has been walking the Camino since 2005. She has an awesome podcast as well, but she also leads a group that specifically gets you going for the first few days to get the hang of things and then she sends you off on your own. Might be just the thing you’re looking for and she’s absolutely lovely.
I'd love to look at her website but there's no way to decline signing up for her emails and so the ad won't go away. If there's a trick to it, help? I couldn't figure it out.

Actually (oh, such an English qualifier) I’m quite impressed by the advice and guidance offered on the first few pages. I’m not clear what I’d get for my $947 above and beyond what is freely available there, here and elsewhere but then I am neither fearful of or bewildered by the concept of walking a marked path through a civilized country

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Because the need for a taxi can be quite unexpected and out on the Camino away from a town, I made it a practice to take a photo with my phone of the taxi numbers seen in bars or stores I stopped at, and even on paper tags attached to signs where the camino crosses roadways, etc.

Because the need for a taxi can be quite unexpected and out on the Camino away from a town, I made it a practice to take a photo with my phone of the taxi numbers seen in bars or stores I stopped at, and even on paper tags attached to signs where the camino crosses roadways, etc.
Dave, we used to call that “situational awareness”. At least that’s what it said in the manual. Obviously (oh, another of those oh so English qualifiers) most people are not trained to navigate even non-hostile environments. That’s why we are constantly asked how to get from Erehwon to Llareggub when every Boomer knows you just follow the yellow brick road. And no-one, or rather no stranger, knows how to get a taxi in Beirut on a wet weekend in June

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back