• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tour operators

Chase

Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Camino July 2018 & June 2016
Hello,

My wife and I are planning to celebrate our 50th bday by walking the last 115km of the Camino and would like to invite family & friends various ages and abilities..to make our thing efficient and to get 20 or so people on the same page we thought it using a tour operator would be good.. Does anyone have any good recommendations? much appreciated..

Chase & Gigi

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello,

My wife and I are planning to celebrate our 50th bday by walking the last 115km of the Camino and would like to invite family & friends various ages and abilities..to make our thing efficient and to get 20 or so people on the same page we thought it using a tour operator would be good.. Does anyone have any good recommendations? much appreciated..

Chase & Gigi
Hi Chase & Gigi, there are lots of Camino Agencies on the web, several in Dublin, Ireland. It's a good idea to find out what they all offer in terms of costs, quality of accommodation & support on the Camino. I just put Camino de Santiago travel agencies on the web browser and it came up with at least five agencies. Good luck and happy planning.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Chase & Gigi, if you like to do things in style I can highly recommend http://www.inntravel.co.uk/
Unfortunately, they do not appear to have jumped on the Camino bandwagon, but they do have other walking holidays in Spain. Jill

Thank you so much.. i have found a few and looking for some feedback on some - i realize the folks on this site dont use the tour operators but i thought i would give it a shot.. much thanks

I am playing with idea of planning it myself but can't find any real ratings on the accommodation and see there are alot of places that are not on the Camino and then there are options to take a taxi to hotels each day and not sure about those options. I'm already feeling a bit self consious about not carrying my own bag and doing taxis everyday just seems too much ... anyway,
thanks for responses..

Buen Camino

We're 1/2 way through the Camino Frances and Camino Ways out of Dublin has done a wonderful job. Lovely hotels, great transport of our luggage -- very professional. You're going to love the Camino! We do.... Ning

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I can give a second-hand referral: I flew back from Madrid last fall seated across from a couple who had booked their Camino through Camino Ways. They had only good things to say about them. Their arrangements had gone smoothly and they loved the variety and charm of places they'd stayed. They were a party of 4, and had started in Sarria, much as you seem to be planning. Incidentally, once I identified myself as a future peregrino, they talked pretty much non-stop for 6 hours about their experience, even changing seats so they could each do some sharing. I'd say they enjoyed their Camino. :D

I'd second the above suggestions of checking with a few companies, compare prices and service and see which you like best. Good luck!

I went with a group of people (including my wife) on a guided tour from Sarria to Santiago just this past April. This tour took care of everything. If you have any people in the group who are "doubtful" as to whether they would be able to complete the walk, this organized tour would be one to consider. They have full van support; they have an experienced guide to care for your every need; posh places to stay; they meet you three or four times a day at appropriate stopping points to ensure that you are doing okay and provide you with snacks and water; provide you with cell phones; ensure a botafumiero swing at your Pilgrim Mass; and more that I can't think of right now.

Our group were all over 60 (except for me, and it won't be too much longer till I am) and we had varying abilities to walk, but each and every one made it and were very proud of themselves. The tour group operator is:

http://marlycamino.com/

The specific tour we took was:

http://marlycamino.com/camino/buen-camino/

They can also do custom tours if you contact them. I can recommend them without hesitation.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you so much for your responses. I will focus on these for now - Galicia Roots, follow the Camino & Walks in Spain. thanks again
Chase & Gigi:)

Hey chase
I'm a new member too and just finished my own camino, short version of sarria to santiago. I did use a tour operator and I have to say I kind of regret it.
I was going alone and felt I needed that support but I feel like some of the accomodation they arranged took me right off the path and out of the vibe of the Camino .
Whoever you go with just make sure you really check out the accomodation arranged.
I realise now I cd have easily find it alone but then again I probably never wd have gone without that support.
I feel like I'll def go again, but no tour companies next time!
But I completely understand the feeling of needing one when you've never done such s thing before - as I hadn't either!
I still really loved it but thonk I missed out on some yhings
Buen Camino!

Hi @esmess I think the main point why the OP is looking into tour operators is that he is planning to go with a group of around 20 people. SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Heh heh yeah I really should have read thd whole post! That makes sense then to use s tour operator !

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks esmess, as SYates mentioned - i have a group and just can't carry the expectations of everyone..otherwise i would do it alone.. If you dont mind , could you tell me what company you use and the accommodations and what you thought of them? please send in private message . I appreciate the feedback and am actually thinking now of doing the Camino alone with my wife then meet up with everyone in Sarria with tour operator..
thanks

chase

This year a friend and I did a 'fusion Camino:' I'd been walking alone since SJPP, and she joined me in Fromista. The arrangements after that were not simple, as one of us could carry a pack and one of us could not. But Rayo Travel arranged all manner of things for her, and we couldn't have been happier. They were very helpful, flexible, and very professional--and they know the Camino.
https://rayotravel.com/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks esmess, as SYates mentioned - i have a group and just can't carry the expectations of everyone..otherwise i would do it alone.. If you dont mind , could you tell me what company you use and the accommodations and what you thought of them? please send in private message . I appreciate the feedback and am actually thinking now of doing the Camino alone with my wife then meet up with everyone in Sarria with tour operator..
thanks

chase
I'm happy to do that! I'm not sure how to send a private message though! If you send me one I'll reply

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back