• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Tours to Bordeaux photos

michaelwalker

Year of past OR future Camino
2010 Spring, Tours Route and Camino Frances. Tours to Bordeaux then SJPP to Santiago.
2011 Autumn, Voie de Soulac, Tours Route and Camino Frances. Bordeaux to Bayonne then Dax to SJPP to Finisterre
2013 Summer, Camino Frances. O'Cebreiro to Santiago, then part of Portuguese route.
2014 Autumn, Via De La Plata - Merida to Astorga.
2016 Spring GR 10 and Caimno del Norte
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

obinjatoo@yahoo.com

Veteran Member
2012 Dieppe, FR Bici CF.
2014 Ruta Vasco/CF/Primativo
Hello Pilgrim,
I am headed to France to begin my Pilgrimage on the Tours route. I checked out your photos, they are very nice. I noticed in the photo with the keys to the church, you also have a guide book that looks like it's written in English. What guide book is it? I have seen some guides on the internet but they all seem to be in French.
Thanks,
Robin

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
I really enjoyed your notes & photos, Michael...the air scented with roses, camping out...you had some fine moments. Thanks.
-Lovingkindness

Barbara Venter

lovingkindness said:
I really enjoyed your notes & photos, Michael...the air scented with roses, camping out...you had some fine moments. Thanks.
-Lovingkindness
Hallo Pilgrim'
Your photos are beautiful!!! Keep on hiking.
Barbara Venter South Africa

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendent that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

michaelwalker

2010 Spring, Tours Route and Camino Frances. Tours to Bordeaux then SJPP to Santiago.
2011 Autumn, Voie de Soulac, Tours Route and Camino Frances. Bordeaux to Bayonne then Dax to SJPP to Finisterre
2013 Summer, Camino Frances. O'Cebreiro to Santiago, then part of Portuguese route.
2014 Autumn, Via De La Plata - Merida to Astorga.
2016 Spring GR 10 and Caimno del Norte
I used the guide Paris to the Pyrenees by Maurice and Marigold Fox. CSJ, London, 1998 + update, Jan 2003. 88 pp. (Pilgrim Guides to the Roads through France #1). Sadly this is out of print now and I gave mine away. I got it originally from the Confraternity of Saint James UK.

I have plotted the villages and towns the first half of the route goes through here http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
214919992285651424574.0004852257331ac19da63

Sadly I did not have the time to do all of it and caught the train down to Bayonne from Bordeaux. But in 2011 I went back to do the part I missed.

Thank You for all for your kind comments here.

This route is amazing in Spring. The depth of green from the fields, trees and vines was outstanding. At times I could feel the energy moving into me. It was truly transforming.

It is very flat so gets you fit with easy walking. It has some long stretches of road walking, sometimes up to 15km at a time on roads with tilting edges that gave me blisters on the side of my feet. Sometimes the sides of the roads have long grass to power through.

It is a very quiet way in terms of other Pilgrims. I met only three other pilgrims between Tours and Bordeaux but I was camping out and not staying in Pilgrim accommodation - I did not know about it then.

If you want to find accommodation lists best to google "Hebergement Voie de Tours"
In 2011 I went back to Bordeaux and walked on the Voie Littoral down to Bayonne, along the coast to avoid the roads.

The Tours Route is a solitary walk but this gave me time for a lot of prayer and I was honoured by Love in return. I think back now and I was so, so, honoured. It has taken me almost two years to get a grasp on it and to be able to put it in words.

I hope to share the story of how I was honoured there and how we are all Loved soon.

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 57 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 205 15.2%
  • May