Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Towels on the CP

Miles2go

Year of past OR future Camino
Porto-Santiago (July 2015)
Hello,
I read some posts from Albertinho and others from a few years ago indicating that hostels and pensions on the CP usually provide towels but albergues usually don't. Can someone update me whether that is still the practice on the CP? I've seen quite a few gear lists that include towels so clarification on this would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

annakappa

Veteran Member
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
We take these microfiber towels. At least you have something. So far, I have never found an albergue that provides towels, unless perhaps you stay in one of their private rooms. It might happen then.

amorfati1

Veteran Member
2014_Caminho Portuguese (Lisboa to Santiago_4 weeks in May)
Hello,
I read some posts from Albertinho and others from a few years ago indicating that hostels and pensions on the CP usually provide towels but albergues usually don't. Can someone update me whether that is still the practice on the CP? I've seen quite a few gear lists that include towels so clarification on this would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Pensao / Hotel = towels
albergue = bring your own

brought along a micro-towel that served me well.
bom caminho!

PEI_Heather

Canadian Member
2016 - Voie de la Nive
2012, 2016 - Frances
2013 - Portuguese
2012, 2013 - Finesterre & Muxia
Some of the residentials (pensions) on the Camino Portuguese provided towels; these were the ones located between Lisbon and Porto. There were few hostels in that section of the walk; after Porto, we stayed mostly in alberques. No towels supplied. Micro towels work great and don't take up much space/weight!

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Albertinho

ninguém disse que era fácil !
2013 Lisboa - Sant.
2014 Ferrol -Sant.
2015 Porto -Sant.
2018 Porto -Valença
2019 Valença -Sant.
Just ended the caminho Portugues two weeks ago.
In albergues they only supply disposable covers for matrasses and pillows.that is all.
All hostals, hotels and appartments we rented (by booking.com and AIRBNB ) supplied towels.
Bom caminho

Miles2go

Porto-Santiago (July 2015)
Thanks to all of you for your responses. Microfiber is a wonderful fabric for travel.
Good hiking to all

martyndeh

Camino Ingles 2013, 2014 Camino portugese 2015,2016
Camino fisterra 2017
left my towel in an albergue on the portugese 16th may in O Porrino hope someone got the use of it. Lovely lady in the laundry at Redondela gave me three slightly damaged towels for nothing. arent people kind

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Don't forget to check the FREE BOX. Pilgrims leave a wide range of items behind and they're often available for the asking.

santaremhostel

Don't forget to check the FREE BOX. Pilgrims leave a wide range of items behind and they're often available for the asking.
That is a very good tip Anniesantiago.
In the early days of Santarem Hostel ,I thought that were lost items !!! Only realize that were items left behind, when I start to find umbrellas, on sunny days of May :)
Will implement the Free Box!!!
Thanks for the tip
Mário

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg