Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Trail race 14 May - Valgrande Pajares to Oviedo

BobY333

Past OR future Camino
Camino San Salvador/Primitivo May 2022 (planning!)
I just saw that there's a 70k trail race being run on the Camino next Saturday 14 May. I have no idea how many participants there will be (that is, how many crazy people want to RUN that 70k). If you want more info it's at www.lenabtr.com

I certainly hope the organizers and the racers respect the pilgrims like me that will be out there that day.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

jeanineonthecamino

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2021, 2022
70km seems crazy to me! Looks like they estimate people to complete that in 12 hours? I can't even imaging that myself.

Oh well - good luck to all the fit people who attempt that!

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
I just saw that there's a 70k trail race being run on the Camino next Saturday 14 May. I have no idea how many participants there will be (that is, how many crazy people want to RUN that 70k). If you want more info it's at www.lenabtr.com

I certainly hope the organizers and the racers respect the pilgrims like me that will be out there that day.

If they are anything like our local trailraces I am sure that the organisation will take all measures to make it a safe day for locals, trailparticipants and for the pilgrims who are guests in this region.
There is room for everyone.

70 k of running in a day is doable for those who are well trained. I know lots of pilgrims who are comfortable with walking 40 k on a Camino.Not my personal goal ( never was ) but yes it is doable.

jeanineonthecamino

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2021, 2022
70 k of running in a day is doable for those who are well trained. I know lots of pilgrims who are comfortable with walking 40 k on a Camino.Not my personal goal ( never was ) but yes it is doable.
Yeah - walking 40km is something I can do. My longest day (by accident) was 50km. I just can't imagine running 70km! Of course - I am not runner lol

I did see they have food and hydration stations every 20km and there is an option for participants to shuttle ahead to the next food/hydration station if they need to.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads