• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train/bus/coach back from Santiago to Porto

megbs

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to do camino portugues in july 2018
My friend and I are starting the camino this July from Porto airport, and flying home from there too. How easy/how much/how long will it be to travel from Santiago (not walking) back to Porto airport? Thank you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My friend and I are starting the camino this July from Porto airport, and flying home from there too. How easy/how much/how long will it be to travel from Santiago (not walking) back to Porto airport? Thank you!
Check out the various travel possibilities on www.Rome2Rio.com
or
www.GoEuro.com

Last edited:
You have the option of bus or the train. I took the train last year and its a lovely ride, particularly from Santiago to Vigo where it follows the river. Theres usually a bit of a wait in Vigo for the train but it was no problem for me to have a look around Vigo. There are more train services per day than the bus, but the bus has the advantage that it goes straight to Porto train station. Hope this helps, buen camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would also add that there is a direct train from Santiago to Porto, but it usually goes down there only once a day. If you're on a budget, the bus is cheaper, but not as scenic as the train ride.

I would also add that there is a direct train from Santiago to Porto, but it usually goes down there only once a day. If you're on a budget, the bus is cheaper, but not as scenic as the train ride.
The most economical trip is by bus from the Santiago busstation to Porto Casa da Música. Going by train you have to change twice , one time because the width of the railtrack is different in Spain. The bus does one stop in Vigo.

This post by the way does not belong to this subform This is subforum for a totaly different camino, far away from the coast.
Your post should have been posted in the subforum coastal camino.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Check out the various travel possibilities on www.Rome2Rio.com
or
www.GoEuro.com
Theres a bus takes you direct to the Airport,then to the bus station just outside of the city centre,leaves santiago twice a day from the main bus station ,the early one is usually full,may have to book a few days in advance under Alsa

I would really recommend train to vigo then change trains and on to Porto. It might not be the fastest but if you've walked the central route you are often close to the same track. I loved watching out of the windows and seeing many of the places I'd walked the previous weeks. Was a nice end to the trip.
Phil.

From Santiago to Porto, it means 3 hours and a half by Alsa 30-40 € . There is a bus stop at the Airport or at Casa Da Musica. Last year I took my bus ticket near the Pilgrim Office and as I had my credential, I paid less (25 or 30 % off !)
Regards,
Henri

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
From Santiago to Porto, it means 3 hours and a half by Alsa 30-40 € . There is a bus stop at the Airport or at Casa Da Musica. Last year I took my bus ticket near the Pilgrim Office and as I had my credential, I paid less (25 or 30 % off !)
Regards,
Henri
If you show your ID and are 62+ you will get reduction on RENFE (Spain) and Comboios de Portugal--CP trains and if I am right on the ALSA bus aswell . Just say tercera edad (spanish ) or "terceira idade " (Portuguese) which means you are a pensioner. This also works in museums etc. all over the Iberic peninsular.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back