• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train - CDG to Bordeaux to Bayonne

Ethel

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2015
Has anyone taken this train? It only has a ten minute transfer time in Bordeaux. I have looked for maps of the Bordeaux Train Station, but have no idea which platform we will arrive at or from which platform we will board the TER train to Bayonne. Thanks for any help offered!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Has anyone taken this train? It only has a ten minute transfer time in Bordeaux. I have looked for maps of the Bordeaux Train Station, but have no idea which platform we will arrive at or from which platform we will board the TER train to Bayonne. Thanks for any help offered!

The map shows maybe 8 - 10 tracks connected by underground tunnel. You should have no problems getting off the train, looking at the destination board to find which platform your next train departs from, crossing between platforms and boarding the next train within ten minutes. The train to Bayonne waits for the train from Paris.

clik on 'plan de gare' for a virtual tour:
http://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frboj/bordeaux-saint-jean

Hi Ethel
You won't know which platform before you arrive, but don't worry. Ten minutes should be plenty of time assuming your train from CDG arrives on time, which they normally do. I took that train, and it arrived in Bordeaux right on time. I was actually booked on a slightly later train to Bayonne because I always stress about having enough time, but I would really have had plenty of time for a 10-minute connection. There are numerous platforms all linked by an underground tunnel. Look for the electronic screens showing which platform your next train will leave from - there are lots of these in strategic places around the station and on platforms.

One tip though - find out what the final destination is for the train you're getting to Bayonne, as that is the destination which will show on the screens when you're looking for the platform number, not Bayonne. eg many of the trains that go through Bayonne are heading for Hendaye or Irun as their final destination.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, can't help you there. Last April I took the train from Mommartre direct to Bayonne. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back