• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train from Bayonne to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

berkeley180

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014) Cycling
Advice please. I want to catch a train from Bayonne to St Jean on a Saturday (30/08/2014) for myself and two friends with our bicycles. Talking to Voyage-sncf in London, I have got two different stories. The first story is only coaches make this trip with no space for bicycles and the second story is local trains do run but it is first come first served on transport the bicycles. I would welcome anyone's input. Thanks in anticipation.

Simon

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Due to a landslide the trains are not running at least until October. Buses provided by the railroad and leaving from the Bayonne railroad station are being substituted for the trains. They leave at the same time as the trains were scheduled and cost the same.

Scan this Forum topic for several relevant threads and posts.

Drat but thank you for your input. I assume the buses cannot carry bicycles unless they are packed into boxes.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Advice please. I want to catch a train from Bayonne to St Jean on a Saturday (30/08/2014) for myself and two friends with our bicycles. Talking to Voyage-sncf in London, I have got two different stories. The first story is only coaches make this trip with no space for bicycles and the second story is local trains do run but it is first come first served on transport the bicycles. I would welcome anyone's input. Thanks in anticipation.

Simon
N

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Simon

There is a private hire taxi called Express Bourricot based in SJPdP. Apparently they will carry bicycles.
http://www.expressbourricot.com/

Due to a landslide the trains are not running at least until October. Buses provided by the railroad and leaving from the Bayonne railroad station are being substituted for the trains. They leave at the same time as the trains were scheduled and cost the same.

Scan this Forum topic for several relevant threads and posts.
thank you for this info - we have been getting a variety of different answers when enquiring through official channels. Bus it is.

Lizbill,

Currently there is a train/bus combo leaving Bayonne rr station for SJPdP. Click this link to see the times. You buy the one ticket for the combo in the Bayonne rr station. Reserved seats are not available for these transports.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

MM

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back