• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train from Biarritz

Kennedy1

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - May & June 2013
Camino Finisterre and Camino Muxia - June 2013
Planning on walking the Norte route in the late spring of 2015 (May & June). The plan is to fly into Biarritz and catch a train to Irun. Does the train stop at Hendaye or Biarritz , or does it stop at both towns? Also how frequently does the train run? Thanks for any assistance.

Kennedy1

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The train from Biarritz to Hendaye runs about once an hour from 0657 until 2248. It takes about 20 minutes and costs about 6E. You can find the schedule at www.sncf.com

Planning on walking the Norte route in the late spring of 2015 (May & June). The plan is to fly into Biarritz and catch a train to Irun. Does the train stop at Hendaye or Biarritz , or does it stop at both towns? Also how frequently does the train run? Thanks for any assistance.

Kennedy1

Regional line 61 TER trains stop at both Biarritz and Hendaye. From Biarritz to Hendaye there is a regional train roughly every hour; journey time is roughly 30 minutes. At Hendaye you can walk across the frontier bridge to Irun. See TER Acquitaine for more regional train info.

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I guess it depends on how you define 'Biarritz'

On this urban bus map its called Gare Biarritz and is located a few kilometers from the town.
Take Bus C from the airport.
http://www.chronoplus.eu/ftp/Plan_reseau_chronoplus_jan2013.pdf

The SNCF TGV runs to Irun ... most of the trains are TER trains that only go as far as Hendaye ... 3 km from Irun. There is an Euskotren that connects Hendaia to Irun (and goes as far as Bilbao) at least hourly if you don't want to walk.

Wikipedia has information about all three stations mentioned.

There is a bus that runs from outside the airport entrance. It goes down to the port at Heyandaye after Irun> From there a little ferry goes across to Horrandibe from where you can start your walk.

See my blog at caminotim.wordpress

Thanks to all for the information . Is it necessary to prebook my ticket or can I buy it at the train station in Biarritz?

Kennedy

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back