Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Train from Paris to Bayonne 30 April

Aysen Mustafa

Camino(s) past & future
I plan on walking the Camino April 2018.
So with the train strike happening, I have decided to stay and extra day in Paris so I can travel on a no-strike day. If I purchased a non-refundable discount train ticket and for some reason the trains are out that day as well, am I entitled to a refund. Or should I pay extra? TIA

Dodger

Lone Walker, Camino Frances 2018
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2018
Intending Camino Portugese 2020
So with the train strike happening, I have decided to stay and extra day in Paris so I can travel on a no-strike day. If I purchased a non-refundable discount train ticket and for some reason the trains are out that day as well, am I entitled to a refund. Or should I pay extra? TIA
I arrive on the 7 April and I pre booked months ago, intend getting the bus from CDG to Montparnasse , fingers crossed, hope it works out for you, Safe travels

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
If the train you have reserved for is cancelled, your ticket will remain valid for the following one -- with no guarantee of a seat. (if the train is packed to the brim, and hopefully it won't be, you should be able to find somewhere to sit somehow or other, but with no guarantee of comfort)

Dodger

Lone Walker, Camino Frances 2018
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2018
Intending Camino Portugese 2020
If the train you have reserved for is cancelled, your ticket will remain valid for the following one -- with no guarantee of a seat. (if the train is packed to the brim, and hopefully it won't be, you should be able to find somewhere to sit somehow or other, but with no guarantee of comfort)
Thanks, not overly concerned, it all works out in the end, and it is out of my control

Aysen Mustafa

Camino(s) past & future
I plan on walking the Camino April 2018.
Just slightly annoyed as my hotel in Bayonne won't refund due to strike etc as I got a supposedly good price.

denimich

Camino(s) past & future
camino 2016
Hello
I am French
Attention strike actions in France Traffic of trains very disrupted from Tuesday, April 3rd to the end of June

Verify the trains of April 3rd on https://en.oui.sncf/en/ the App SNCF and our other information channels, then every day at 5 pm for the trains of the next day
You can travel by bus https://www.busradar.com/?currency=EUR

Or use the ride sharing. https://www.blablacar.co.uk

It's better to avoid transport by train during the strikes

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock