Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Train from Segovia or Cercedilla on Easter Sunday?

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Does anyone know if the trains run regular schedule on Easter Sunday?
Joe and I need to figure out how to get from either Segovia or Cercedilla to Madrid on either Saturday OR Easter Sunday.
I can't make a reservation this early.
Anyone know? Has anyone done it?

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
I have travelled throughout Easter in central and southern Spain on many occasions - I’m a big fan of the Semena Santa processions and have seen them in quite a few cities. I have travelled by train throughout the week and my recollection is that it is a ‘normal’ timetable, so a ‘normal’ Sunday on Easter Sunday.

I would add that the transport network will be much busier than normal at the weekends - so book as soon as tickets are available - and accommodation will be at a premium.

My experience ex Madrid on Easter Sunday is to Sevilla and Malaga, I cannot believe that the relatively short trip to Segovia would be any different.

(Late addendum - my other half reminds me that we did actually travel Madrid to Segovia and return Easter week 2014. Our dog Henry was born then! Train travel was entirely normal.)

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
(Late addendum - my other half reminds me that we did actually travel Madrid to Segovia and return Easter week 2014. Our dog Henry was born then! Train travel was entirely normal.)
Thank you!

Margaret Butterworth

Camino(s) past & future
2013 (Pamplona to Burgos)
2014 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
2015 (Villafranca to Santiago)
2016 (Le Puy to Conques; SJPP To Pamplona)
Many, if not all, ALSA buses may not run over Easter: a warning to other pilgrims! A train may be the only alternative.

Margaret Butterworth

Camino(s) past & future
2013 (Pamplona to Burgos)
2014 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
2015 (Villafranca to Santiago)
2016 (Le Puy to Conques; SJPP To Pamplona)
No, I live in Australia; but I was in Caceres last Easter and planned to take an ALSA bus north, which didn't run on Easter Saturday. Have a look at the ALSA website; there is an English version.

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo June 2013
SJPP - Logroño June 2014
Ingles July2016
I have called ALSA and they told me that they put even more buses in Easter, what makes sense because it is one of the most important seasons for holidays in Spain.

amancio

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
trains run regularly on that day, as on any Sunday schedule, maybe there are even extra trains because it is a day with heavy traffic.
The only issue might be to discover when those tickets are for sale in renfe.es web site, which is notoriously unstable, inefficient and unreliable, to say the least... Buen viaje!

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
trains run regularly on that day, as on any Sunday schedule, maybe there are even extra trains because it is a day with heavy traffic.
The only issue might be to discover when those tickets are for sale in renfe.es web site, which is notoriously unstable, inefficient and unreliable, to say the least... Buen viaje!
If you use loco2.com (soon to rebrand) you can set an alert when tickets for a specific journey become available. There is a booking fee on that site, but there’s nothing to stop you booking direct with RENFE.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock