• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train from Segovia or Cercedilla on Easter Sunday?

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Does anyone know if the trains run regular schedule on Easter Sunday?
Joe and I need to figure out how to get from either Segovia or Cercedilla to Madrid on either Saturday OR Easter Sunday.
I can't make a reservation this early.
Anyone know? Has anyone done it?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have travelled throughout Easter in central and southern Spain on many occasions - I’m a big fan of the Semena Santa processions and have seen them in quite a few cities. I have travelled by train throughout the week and my recollection is that it is a ‘normal’ timetable, so a ‘normal’ Sunday on Easter Sunday.

I would add that the transport network will be much busier than normal at the weekends - so book as soon as tickets are available - and accommodation will be at a premium.

My experience ex Madrid on Easter Sunday is to Sevilla and Malaga, I cannot believe that the relatively short trip to Segovia would be any different.

(Late addendum - my other half reminds me that we did actually travel Madrid to Segovia and return Easter week 2014. Our dog Henry was born then! Train travel was entirely normal.)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Many, if not all, ALSA buses may not run over Easter: a warning to other pilgrims! A train may be the only alternative.

No, I live in Australia; but I was in Caceres last Easter and planned to take an ALSA bus north, which didn't run on Easter Saturday. Have a look at the ALSA website; there is an English version.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
trains run regularly on that day, as on any Sunday schedule, maybe there are even extra trains because it is a day with heavy traffic.
The only issue might be to discover when those tickets are for sale in renfe.es web site, which is notoriously unstable, inefficient and unreliable, to say the least... Buen viaje!

trains run regularly on that day, as on any Sunday schedule, maybe there are even extra trains because it is a day with heavy traffic.
The only issue might be to discover when those tickets are for sale in renfe.es web site, which is notoriously unstable, inefficient and unreliable, to say the least... Buen viaje!

If you use loco2.com (soon to rebrand) you can set an alert when tickets for a specific journey become available. There is a booking fee on that site, but there’s nothing to stop you booking direct with RENFE.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.