• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train line to StJPdP currently blocked

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
O wow, what a problem! Poor railworkers trying to fix the line after heavy rain! I leave on April 15th, had hoped to be at SJPdP at 19.30 o well, a couple of minutes or hours later are no problem, as they are trying to keep us safe.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The transportation service always is a mix of train and bus. The track is along the river, so washouts are a regular feature! I think the last big outage lasted nearly a year. The buses will just follow the train schedule, and leave from the train station, not the bus station across the river.

Thanks Peter - I'm making the trip on Saturday...it's good to know ahead of time, so I don't stress on getting there and finding out! :)

Thank you so much for the information. I had no idea where to find the bus and was just looking on Google. Regards Jackie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks Peter. Guess I ride the bus on 3rd April, and not the train......very good.

If you have a ticket for the TER line 62 train it will be valid for the bus which substitutes for the TER train and which departs from the lot directly adjacent to the station.The buses are scheduled to depart at the same time as the now cancelled TER line 62 trains. If you do not yet have a ticket you can purchase the substitute bus ticket in the train station lobby.

Generally the bus waits for any TGV train to arrive and pilgrims to disembark and connect before setting off. If by chance the TGV train from Paris is late and you miss your connection go to the station master's office with your tickets and ask for assistance. The Bayonne rr station is small and easily navigable; the staff is helpful and serves multitudes of tourists and pilgrims each year. The bus journey will take approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. It is a pleasant ride through the Basque countryside.

Margaret Meredith

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks Peter! Am booked to travel April 14 - very useful to know. Jackie W - may see you in SJPdP... I'm pretty terrified too!

Right. No direct train to SJPdP from within Spain.

MM

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for the info, I'm going soon too and would have been completely at a loss, since I'm also pressed for time coming from the airport!

The French rail system operates buses to replace train service all of the time from train station to train station whenever there is an interruption in service due to labor disputes or problems on the line and they do a very good job of maintaining the departure and arrival schedule. BTW the road from Bayonne to STJPdP runs along side the track and the Nive so you won't miss much from a sightseeing standpoint.

Thanks for this information, everyone. Very useful to know ahead of time.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
At Bayonne now - not sure if it's the same issue or a new one, but it's buses today.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As of April 8, 2014 at 08:54 TER ligne 62 from Bayonne to SJPdP is back to buses due to heavy rain on the tracks. See Peter Robins first post on this thread for bus times.

"Dernière mise à jour le :08/04/2014 à 08:54
Bayonne - St Jean Pied de Port : suite aux fortes pluies un éboulement interrompt la circulation des trains jusqu’à nouvel avis.
Un service de substitution par bus est mis en place. "

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back