• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train service Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port /01 and 02

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
It appears that the train service in the past offered by TER and SNCF from Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port will be SEVERELY CURTAILED early in 2010 for at least 2 months.

Any pilgrim planning to go to Saint Jean during this period should check the timetable at http://www.voyages-sncf.com. Some infrequent buses (autocars) may be provided by TER/SNCF.

Plan ahead. mspath

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
mspath said:
It appears that the train service in the past offered by TER and SNCF from Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port will be SEVERELY CURTAILED early in 2010 for at least 2 months.

Any pilgrim planning to go to Saint Jean during this period should check the timetable at http://www.voyages-sncf.com. Some infrequent buses (autocars) may be provided by TER/SNCF.

Plan ahead. mspath

It looks like train services between Bayonne and SJPdP are canceled until the 30th of June 2010 due to renovations and repairs on the tracks. A scheduled bus service will run instead using a similar timetable as the train service.

http://www.americanpilgrims.com/camino/news/documents/SNCF_Bayonne-SJPP.pdf

¡Buen Camino! :arrow:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I could be wrong....but I seem to remember that (late May or early June?) last year this area was subject to damaging floods. The track repairs are perhaps a consequence of that. I have quite often used SNCF local buses that connect with trains, and the buses always wait for the train passengers to arrive...
Margaret

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
How long does the bus take from Bayonne to Saint jean? The train is under some sort of construction or revamping...I can't seem to find the distance between these to points to get an idea!!
Thank you fellow peregrinos!

Since I'am arriving on the 23/07/2010 at 20:48:- too late for the bus :cry: the last one leaves at 18:12 from Bayonne is there any other means of transport to St. Jean Pied de Port ? :roll: How much is a Taxi? If it is above 30 Euros ...i'll camp somewhere and get the first Bus in the morning... are there any campsites apart from the one near the airport which is a bit too far from the station since the bus leaves at 8:10 in front of the station (i guess...) :?:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back