A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Train stations, Leon

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

Sho

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés, 2019
My friend will fly into Madrid and take the train to meet me in Leon. I've read that Leon has two stations. Which is closest to the Camino? She wants to get off the train and start walking. Thanks!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
My friend will fly into Madrid and take the train to meet me in Leon. I've read that Leon has two stations. Which is closest to the Camino? She wants to get off the train and start walking. Thanks!
One train station. Come out of railway station, turn left, walk to first roundabout, turn right. Walk to next roundabout, turn left (800m 900yds). Keep on walking until you get to Santiago:

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, there are two railway station buildings: the old one on the north side of the Avenida de Palencia and the newer RENFE/AVE one on the south side. Coming from Madrid I guess it's the AVE where you get off.

Last edited:

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
Better yet, exit the station on the canal side, turn left, follow the canal (canal on your right) to the third bridge (first car bridge) and turn left ... look for a marker here as you are on the camino.

Nicer view. :)

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
Better yet, exit the station on the canal side, turn left, follow the canal (canal on your right) to the third bridge (first car bridge) and turn left ... look for a marker here as you are on the camino.

Nicer view. :)
Even nicer if they cross the water and turn left - you get to see the Parador and there's a lovely cafe across the road but they seem to be in a rush to get started :)

Reactions: Sho

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
Even nicer if they cross the water and turn left - you get to see the Parador and there's a lovely cafe across the road but they seem to be in a rush to get started :)

Even nicer to walk first to the cathedral to get a stamp, pick up the trail there...

Juspassinthrough

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, May-June (2017)
Ingles, June (2019
Leon-Sarria, June (2019)
Le Puy-Santiago (2023)
León Station is under construction but it doesn’t cause any confusion except maybe meeting someone. If they follow the signs, they’ll have no troubles.

Reactions: Sho
Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2016: Camino Frances, Finisterre and Muxia
April 2019: Frances, Salvador, Primitivo
I like the idea of going to the Cathedral first. Leon is a wonderful city, the Cathedral is so beautiful, and you can capture the vibe of the city as you continue along.

On the other hand, the river walk is beautiful too.

Edit to add: the train station is easy to navigate.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%