Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Train Strike in France!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I just got news of this today, two pilgrims from Colorado wanted to buy a ticket from Santiago to Paris on the train this morning was not recommended to do so at the train station. Later I had a Dutch pilgrim stop by my office, buying a bus ticket to Holland... he had already gotten his train ticket, and was going to try to get his money back from RENFE.

From the http://www.sncf.com/ (French Train Service) it looks like the strike is from today until Wednesday.

Du lundi 25 mai à 20h
au mercredi 27 mai à 8h :
En raison d'un mouvement de grève interprofessionnelle et nationale, le trafic des trains sera perturbé.

Greetings from a rainy Santiago,
Ivar

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Hahah! This was like deja vu!
Same thing happened to us.
We were leaving Carcasonne and needed to get to the coast to take a ferry (already booked) to Ireland.

We managed to hook up with another pair of stranded travelers and together we booked a taxi.
It was gREAT!

We learned a lot about being flexible, but I have to admit, it's a
SHOCK to walk into a train station ready to go and have them say . . . sorry! roflol!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads