Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Train strike?

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
Is there an upcoming train strike in Spain? Having trouble finding info on my phone. Sitting at airport.
Thanks
You’re probably thinking of France?

There are some one-day strikes on regional trains in Murcia planned for early October but nothing more.

jcat

Past OR future Camino
Machinists Union calling for an 8 day strike for "non-compliance with agreements" by Renfe. Asking other trade unions to join in.

"These strikes will take place on September 30, and then October 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, and 12, with Semaf urging the rest of the trade union organisations to “join in the defense of the railways, the employees, and the service it provides to the citizens”."

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Past OR future Camino
If the day of the week ends in a “Y” then someone in Europe is striking somewhere! Thankfully they usually announce them far in advance, so if you can’t see anything online then it’s doubtful happening around you. 👍. Some Portuguese had an airport strike last week - perhaps that was what you heard about?

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Past OR future Camino
Planning on the pilgrimage 2015
If the day of the week ends in a “Y” then someone in Europe is striking somewhere! Thankfully they usually announce them far in advance, so if you can’t see anything online then it’s doubtful happening around you. 👍. Some Portuguese had an airport strike last week - perhaps that was what you heard about?
Your joke is very funny. Also protests happen with the same regularity. I'll be in Paris next April so hoping it's resolved by then😉

jalluisi

Past OR future Camino
Walked from Leon to Santiago Oct. 2021
Machinists Union calling for an 8 day strike for "non-compliance with agreements" by Renfe. Asking other trade unions to join in.

"These strikes will take place on September 30, and then October 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, and 12, with Semaf urging the rest of the trade union organisations to “join in the defense of the railways, the employees, and the service it provides to the citizens”."
We have a train booked for the 2nd of October. I hope we are okay.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago 2014
Pamplona to Santiago 2017
Norte. 2018
I just took the train from Madrid to Sarria. We had to switch trains in Ourense to another train and it ended up being a Omibus but the Renfe conductor was riding on the bus. They said they didn’t have a driver for the train. I offered but they laughed. It was a nice bus ride.

Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
I am sorry for your trouble, train travellers. It would have concerned me, but as for family reasons, I have had to change my return plan, I cannot use my train ticket from Pamplona to Madrid. Not alone that, the ticket is lost. In the sense that it offers no recompense whatsoever! So be careful out there, you guys, when buying a Renfe ticket! Check the conditions of sale. Be careful, as the Captain advises in Hill Street Blues! 🤣

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads