• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train strikes

Vivienne

Time of past OR future Camino
2012 Camino Frances, Camino FInesterre, Camino Muxia
2014 Via de la Plata
2016 Norte
2017 plan to walk Portuguese, san Salvador & Primitivo
I will be travelling from SJPDP on 18th June after completing the Le Puy, is there anyone who would like to share a ride to Bayonne? The trains are out that day
Vivienne

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Vivienne,
Just out of curiosity, how many days does it take you to walk from Le Puy to SJPP? I am dreaming about this walk.
Laszlo

I took about 32 day with heavy rain virtually every day.
It is approximately the same distance as SJPP to Santiago.... 800 km more or less.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Vivienne,
Just out of curiosity, how many days does it take you to walk from Le Puy to SJPP? I am dreaming about this walk.
Laszlo
Hi Laszlo,
I shall do it in 27 days.

I will be travelling from SJPDP on 18th June after completing the Le Puy, is there anyone who would like to share a ride to Bayonne? The trains are out that day
Vivienne

SNCF transport from SJPP to Bayonne has only been cancelled during these troubles on the first two days of the strike only, in April.

There are replacement buses running regularly.

Furthermore, there's a little local bus from SJPP to Saint-Palais (where there's a pilgrim hostel), and from there, another one to Bayonne.

SNCF transport from SJPP to Bayonne has only been cancelled during these troubles on the first two days of the strike only, in April.

There are replacement buses running regularly.

Furthermore, there's a little local bus from SJPP to Saint-Palais (where there's a pilgrim hostel), and from there, another one to Bayonne.
Hey Jabbapapa, thanks for this information, hopefully it will work out for me on the day, sorry for delayed reply, limited Wi-Fi on the Le Puy 1st week.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.