• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train Ticket from Bayonne to SJPDP

nikkiandbenl

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPDP(May'12) Leon(April'13) SJPDP(May'13) Leon(May'14) SJPDP(May'15) Irun (May'16) Primativo June17
I have two train tickets booked on the 14:55 train from Bayonne to SJPDP on Friday 9th May up for grabs! I have paid in full and do not want any money in return for these tickets.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, my husband and I are not able to start our camino from SJPDP now and therefore I can provide someone who needs this train with the booking reference that is needed at the station machine for two tickets already pre-paid to use.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have two train tickets booked on the 14:55 train from Bayonne to SJPDP on Friday 9th May up for grabs!

Due to unforeseen circumstances, my husband and I are not able to start our camino from SJPDP now and therefore I can provide someone who needs this train with the booking reference that is needed at the station machine for two tickets already pre-paid to use.
Hi I would like to know how to buy tickets I need 1 x ticket for Sun 11th May? ( I' m sorry that this does not help your situation)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Cher MM,
Judging from the amount of rust on the tracks when I drove to SJPdP about a week ago the SNCF is still relying on transporting pilgrims by bus.
Donald
PS Primtemps arrive aujourd'hui! Fait beau ici!!!!

Cher MM,
Judging from the amount of rust on the tracks when I drove to SJPdP about a week ago the SNCF is still relying on transporting pilgrims by bus.
Donald
PS Primtemps arrive aujourd'hui! Fait beau ici!!!!
\

Not bad here in Champagne today either!

By the way if buses are still in use as a replacement for trains they would be scheduled to leave from the train station at the same time as the trains they are replacing. (That sentence reads like a clause in logic !!)

MM

\

MM
I celebrated my 68th yesterday and enjoyed way too much of your local specialitie along with the very best oysters from Arachon, local fois and confit. What's not to enjoy about being Basque!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
\

By the way if buses are still in use as a replacement for trains they would be scheduled to leave from the train station at the same time as the trains they are replacing. (That sentence reads like a clause in logic !!)

MM

If this is true and someone has already pre-paid for tickets then surely these would be valid for the bus... does anyone want 2 free tickets for Friday 9th May????

Right. If the bus is being used the train tickets would be valid for it. All TER ligne 62 tickets are valid for 60 days from date stamped on ticket; since your tickets are for May 9 they should be good until July.

MM

Are the trains between Bayonne & SJPDP still out? I'll be arriving in Biarritz airport at 15.00 on a Thursday and hope to make it to SJPDP for dinner in Beilari (Espirit du Chemin) that evening. According to SNCF there is a train at 18.00 which gets to SJPDP at about 19.30. Will this be a bus service instead?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Are the trains between Bayonne & SJPDP still out? I'll be arriving in Biarritz airport at 15.00 on a Thursday and hope to make it to SJPDP for dinner in Beilari (Espirit du Chemin) that evening. According to SNCF there is a train at 18.00 which gets to SJPDP at about 19.30. Will this be a bus service instead?

TER Aquitane
http://www.ter-sncf.com/regions/aquitaine/fr/default.aspx

TER 62 information
http://telechargement.ter-sncf.com/...ies_jeu_27_mars_nouvel_avis_tcm-11-101460.pdf

My French is limited. My translation is as of 27 March 2014 the trains TER 62 are not running due to washout. Buses are operating in their place on the same schedule as an interim measure. No timeline for resumption of normal service. The only difference to you is the view from your seat on the bus.

This latest TER ligne 62 notice is still listing work on the tracks. Hence buses provided by the railroad will run from the Bayonne railroad station at the same time as the originally scheduled trains. Prior purchased train tickets will be valid for the buses. If you have no train ticket you can purchase a bus ticket in the Bayonne train station.

MM

I celebrated my 68th yesterday and enjoyed way too much of your local specialitie along with the very best oysters from Arachon, local fois and confit. What's not to enjoy about being Basque!
Belated happy birthday matey! Does 68 make you one of the Forum Elders? :) We really need to walk together sometime as you sure know how to party!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This latest TER ligne 62 notice is still listing work on the tracks. Hence buses provided by the railroad will run from the Bayonne railroad station at the same time as the originally scheduled trains. Prior purchased train tickets will be valid for the buses. If you have no train ticket you can purchase a bus ticket in the Bayonne train station.

MM
Do you have any idea how much the bus tickets are?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am finally putting my dates together, and I will tentatively fly into Paris on May 22 and I'm looking into using the trains to navigate my way to SJPDP by the 25th. Since my plans are so fluid, I'd like to just wait and purchase my train tickets the same day. Is that advisable? Is there any disadvantage to just purchasing my train ticket at the station? Looking online, I am definitely not seeing 10 euro prices!

I am finally putting my dates together, and I will tentatively fly into Paris on May 22 and I'm looking into using the trains to navigate my way to SJPDP by the 25th. Since my plans are so fluid, I'd like to just wait and purchase my train tickets the same day. Is that advisable? Is there any disadvantage to just purchasing my train ticket at the station? Looking online, I am definitely not seeing 10 euro prices!

The 10 Euro price is for the section Bayonne to SJPdP only. Same price 9.60 euros either by TER ligne 62 train or by the bus substitute.

MM

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you! So no need to make advanced reservations?

There are NO RESERVED seats for either the Bayonne to SJPdP TER ligne 62 train or the substitute bus; seating is open as on a tram or metro.

Thank you! So no need to make advanced reservations?

A seat reservation is required for TGV and Intercites trains. That is typical for trains from Paris to Bayonne. You can make the reservation at the station prior to boarding. There are several trains daily so it shouldn't be a disaster if you have to wait for the next. I would only advise reservations in advance if you are travelling during a national holiday. The main reason for buying in advance might be to avoid lineups.

You cannot reserve a seat on TER trains such as the one from Bayonne to SJPdP. You can buy the ticket in advance but it might be standing room only if the train is busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I would certainly advise booking the TGV from Paris Montparnasse to Bayonne well in advance.

Even if you are traveling on an Eurail pass which I foolishly did one year, you will need to reserve a seat on the TGV

Worse you may find that they can not reserve a seat for you if you have the pass but they will gladly sell you an entire ticket (seat reservation included) for the same train, same everything.

So even though I had a pass, and there were empty seats, it cost me another 78 euros to buy a seat from Paris to Bordeaux, where from there on, I could then use my pass - still had to buy a seat reservation for the section from Bordeaux to Bayonne.

I have two train tickets booked on the 14:55 train from Bayonne to SJPDP on Friday 9th May up for grabs! I have paid in full and do not want any money in return for these tickets.

My husband, daughter and I will be going from Lourdes to Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port on May 23. Two free train tickets would be great if there have been no takers yet and if these can be used on a different date and by persons other than the ones whose names are on the tickets. When I tried to book train tickets (payment by credit card), I also discovered that in order to print out the tickets at the station, I need to have the credit card used for purchasing the tickets (credit card needs to have a computer chip) and the pin number for the credit card. So it seems, giving away the train tickets may not be as easy as we would like it to be. But God bless you for making the offer.

Someone has private messaged me for the tickets and i have told them the code you need to use them. I have no idea about the fact that you need the card purchased from to print them - the confirmation e-mail sent to me just said I needed a code given in the e-mail. Hope your camino goes well. We are off tomorrow to start from Leon.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Good for you to offer, I hope someone can benefit your generosity and you can finish what you got planned

Wow. My daughter and I would really like to use those tickets as we tried to buy train tickets from Paris to SJPP today (May 8) for travel May 9 but website says sold out. So we bought train ticket Paris to Bayonne, then planned bus to SJPP.

Problem is we chose 10 am train from Paris to arrive Bayonne at 16h39.
If you haven't had any takers, perhaps we could leave Paris on earlier trains.
Please advise.

Wow. My daughter and I would really like to use those tickets as we tried to buy train tickets from Paris to SJPP today (May 8) for travel May 9 but website says sold out. So we bought train ticket Paris to Bayonne, then planned bus to SJPP.

Problem is we chose 10 am train from Paris to arrive Bayonne at 16h39.
If you haven't had any takers, perhaps we could leave Paris on earlier trains.
Please advise.

I would have thought the section sold out would be Paris to Bayonne ... its a holiday. The train from Bayonne to SJPdP is TER regional commuter service. My understanding if the seats are full its standing room so it doesn't get sold out.

The train tracks are currently washed out so SNCF has substituted a bus in its place. Same stops same schedule. I wonder if that might be confusing the SNCF website.

I've had problems figuring trains from Paris to SJPdP. It usually works better Paris to Bayonne then Bayonne to SJPdP.

Otherwise the Transport64 bus (service to Pyrenees-Atlantiques Department) is the only way to get to SJPdP. Gare Bayonne to St Palais. St Palais to SJPdP. Service is quite limited.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Whari... Thanks for quick response. I've since learned from this forum that tickets Bayonne to SJPP are only 10 euros @ so we'll just buy them when needed tomorrow.

I'm Sleeping in Paris tonight, worried about getting housing in SJPP tomorrow night. I sent a few emails re reservations but no responses yet. I'm trusting the Camino to provide already.

The Esprit du Chemin opposite the Pilgrims Office normally has some beds on a first come basis as well as the reserved ones. In any event the Pilgrim Office can help you find a bed. They stay open until the last train arrives (well bus at the moment). I arrive in SJPdP tomorrow as well so who knows I may see you along the way.

The Esprit du Chemin opposite the Pilgrims Office normally has some beds on a first come basis as well as the reserved ones. In any event the Pilgrim Office can help you find a bed. They stay open until the last train arrives (well bus at the moment). I arrive in SJPdP tomorrow as well so who knows I may see you along the way.
Al,
Thanks for recommending the Pilgrim Office. I'll be in SJPP at 19:31 tonight. We'll stop there first.
See you on the trail!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My husband, daughter and I will be going from Lourdes to Bayonne to Saint Jean Pied de Port on May 23. Two free train tickets would be great if there have been no takers yet and if these can be used on a different date and by persons other than the ones whose names are on the tickets. When I tried to book train tickets (payment by credit card), I also discovered that in order to print out the tickets at the station, I need to have the credit card used for purchasing the tickets (credit card needs to have a computer chip) and the pin number for the credit card. So it seems, giving away the train tickets may not be as easy as we would like it to be. But God bless you for making the offer.
Hi Lizaresandrea!! I too will be traveling from Lourdes to SJPDP on Friday, May 23rd! Will you be taking the 10:56 train? I hope to meet up with you. I have yet to secure a place to stay for Friday night, but have sent an email to Beilari which is right across from the pilgram's office. Their email is: info@beilari.info I hope to meet you and your family. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Barbara! Finally, contact with a peregrina who will be starting from SJPDP when we do. Great to hear from you, especially since you will also be going to SJPDP from Lourdes. When I read that, I thought, WOW!!!! We'll be riding from Paris to Lourdes in the 4:00 p.m. or something TGV train and arriving in the late evening of the 20th. I suppose you'll be spending time in Lourdes, also. We're booked in Maison de Notre Dame de la Treille, which is supposed to be 10 minutes from the train station and from everything. Is there a 10:56 a.m. train? In the SCNF website, the only available trains leave Lourdes for Saint Jean at 14:18 (2:18 P.M.) and 18:21 (6:21 p.m. which is too late). Looks like the earlier trains are already full (woe is me but I don't have a credit card with a pin so cannot claim my ticket if I were to book on line.). Do you already have a ticket from Lourdes to Saint Jean?

Beilari is full for the evening of the 23rd. You can check the website www.beilari.info. When you try to reserve, you'll see a calendar that shows May is full except for the 27th (at least when I checked 2 days ago). Auberge du Pelerin is also well recommended and has space for that date. I've initiated the on-line reservation process several times but never finished. I was wondering if we could walk up to Hunto (5 km. along the route Napoleon) and stay the night there instead of Saint Jean. But a late departure from Lourdes will not allow that. An Albergue in Saint Jean it will have to be. What other options have you considered?

Here's a picture of us in our camino trekking gear.

Andrea
10262237_10152839375529689_8745739703525130885_n.jpg

Nice photo of you all lizarandrea
The pilgrim office will find you accommodation in sjpdp. Have faith.
Also, once you see sjpdp you will want to have a look around. It is a beautiful village in a picturesque area.
Buen camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Is there a 10:56 a.m. train? In the SCNF website, the only available trains leave Lourdes for Saint Jean at 14:18 (2:18 P.M.) and 18:21 (6:21 p.m. which is too late). Looks like the earlier trains are already full (woe is me but I don't have a credit card with a pin so cannot claim my ticket if I were to book on line.). Do you already have a ticket from Lourdes to Saint Jean?

Try searching the SNCF site from Lourdes to Bayonne. There are several trains including an intercites train leaving Lourdes at 1056. For some reason the website drops options, perhaps where there is a wait time between trains, and does not show all the possibilities.

Hello Andrea!! What a beautiful family you have!! I hope to meet up with you! Thank you for the info on the other alburge. I found their website but was not able to get the English version to upload and I don't speak French. I hope that the receive my email. I will still try my luck with other ones. I am arriving Lourdes on Wednesday and will spend the entire day there Thursday. I'm getting very nervous about the whole thing and feeling very underprepared but I am hoping for the best. I will give you my info if I able to secure a place to stay. Looking forward to meeting you!!!.

Greetings Andrea!! I have called Aud du Perlerin and have made a reservation for Friday night. I spoke with Daniella and she was very kind and helpful. I went online and it is still showing tickets available for the 10:56 leaving Lourdes arriving Bayonne 12:36 and the 14:55 leaving Bayonne arriving St Jean Pied de Port 16:13. I will have to go straight to the pilgrims office once I arrive since I have yet to get my Camino passport. Now that I know where I'm staying the first night, I am so excited!! My flight for Paris leaves this afternoon!! I hope you have safe travels and we meet in either place! I am staying at Residence la Closeraire on de la Gare Ave in Lourdes, which is supposed to be across from the train station? I do not have a picture of myself in my gear, but this is me with my two boys at Mother's Day. I will keep my eyes out for you! Buen Camino!!ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1400593688.330032.jpg

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back