• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train tickets on sale today?

kinnear

Time of past OR future Camino
2007 (September 2017)
I've received a notice of a one day sale of train tickets. NZs time zone is ahead of the rest of the world so I can book later today. Any advice to get from sjpdp from Paris. The tickets are non refundable. I'm leaving Paris 21 September

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I've received a notice of a one day sale of train tickets. NZs time zone is ahead of the rest of the world so I can book later today. Any advice to get from sjpdp from Paris. The tickets are non refundable. I'm leaving Paris 21 September

Kinnear:

You can fly on Easyjet from CDG for the same price.

Ultreya,
Joe

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Surely the trai tickets in France are not bookable more than 90'days in advance?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Joe. I want to have the opportunity to see the countryside by train this time.
You really won't see much in the train. Tracks do not go through bucolic scenery. And if you take the TGV what you do see will be a blur because of the speed.

Hi all, I find myself in the same situation... I am trying to book a train ticket from Bordeaux to SJPP on April 14 but it (they - I have tried several sites) says ¨No tickets available at this time¨....and one site (trainline.eu) says ¨This route is serviced by bus.¨ .... We were really hoping to take the train. Does anyone know if it´s bus only or if indeed there is a train?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi all, I find myself in the same situation... I am trying to book a train ticket from Bordeaux to SJPP on April 14 but it (they - I have tried several sites) says ¨No tickets available at this time¨....and one site (trainline.eu) says ¨This route is serviced by bus.¨ .... We were really hoping to take the train. Does anyone know if it´s bus only or if indeed there is a train?

Try two separate
searches ie. Bordeaux to Bayonne and Bayonne to SJPdP.
At the moment buses are being substituted for the TER line 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP. The train ticket serves as the bus ticket.

Try two separate
searches ie. Bordeaux to Bayonne and Bayonne to SJPdP.
At the moment buses are being substituted for the TER line 62 train from Bayonne to SJPdP. The train ticket serves as the bus ticket.
Thanks so much - I did try 2 separate searches and it still advises that the only option is bus, not train. I´ve also tweeted to the train company and they´ve tweeted back to DM them with details..... I will also look into why there is no train to SJPP from Bayonne at the moment... interesting.

I will also look into why there is no train to SJPP from Bayonne at the moment... interesting.

The railway line is often under repair and so they have to put a bus on instead.
Jill

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I went from Hendaye to Bayonne and they put me on the bus and didn't run the train because of lack of bookings.

Maybe it is cheaper to run the bus???

The bus between Hendaye and Bayonne was kinda cool it didn't take the highway - it ran along the smaller inter town streets and the views were pretty amazing.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I hadn't thought of that. Was imagining a leisurely train journey! Certainly don't want amother plane flight after traveling from NZ. Will have to rethink. Thank you.

I hadn't thought of that. Was imagining a leisurely train journey! Certainly don't want amother plane flight after traveling from NZ. Will have to rethink. Thank you.
Train works in terms of getting over jet lag, with some hours awake getting to the station, a nap here and there along the way. But not scenary.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@kinnear just watch those internet sites with links to buy train tickets - in Australia we get captured by "RailEurope" and the prices are much higher than if you go direct to SNCF - or even one of the other agencies. For information see this link:
http://www.seat61.com/tgv.htm

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have you used the bus from Paris? If so, how long does it take to sjpdp please?
Thanks

Have you used the bus from Paris? If so, how long does it take to sjpdp please?
Thanks

Have you already booked tickets to Paris?
Can you possibly book to Madrid?
I've done both trips, and to me, it's much easier to get to SJPP from Madrid or better yet Pamplona.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have already booked flights to and from Paris as I'm wanting some time there. Last time 2007 I flew into Madrid and bussed to Logrono where I started from. It was lovely seeing the scenery.

Use the service provider website. Try booking from Bordeaux to Bayonne. Then buy the Bayonne to SJPdP ticket at the station ... its TER (regional commuter train) service so you cannot reserve a seat for this leg.

The tracks are damaged due to spring freshet. Service is currently provided by bus (autocar) from Gare Bayonne to SJPdP. No change in price or schedule (except it takes longer by bus) It might be what is causing problems booking on line.

The service provider is SNCF
http://www.sncf.com/

SNCF TER Aquitaine will have information about tracks. See line #62.
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

TER Aquitaine #62 Schedule
http://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/..._fev_a_nouvel_avis_tcm50-35352_tcm50-9053.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Finally got a train booked from Bordeaux to Dax, and then bus from Dax to SJPP via Bayonne. Thanks everyone for your help!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back