• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train Timetable for Places Between Burgos and Leon

Maureen O'Donoghue

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago in 2011, Burgos to Santiago in 2014
Here's my tentative plan for 2014 - spend Palm Sunday in Burgos, walk towards Leon for a few days, catch a train to Leon on Holy Thursday, participate in Easter services over the rest of Holy Week in Leon, then return by train to where I stopped walking and walk from there to Santiago over the following three weeks. I understand that it is possible to catch a train to Leon from Sahagun. Are there other options and where might I find a train timetable?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Typical:

BURGOS ROSA DE LIMA 12.11 12.12
PALENCIA 13.00 13.02
SAHAGUN 13.32 13.33
LEON 14.05 14.20

SAHAGUN 07.58 07.59
EL BURGO-RANEROS 08.11 08.11
PALANQUINOS 08.25 08.25
LEON 08.40 08.45

Maureen,

Falcon has posted for you typical current times for trains between Burgos and Leon. The train service for Spain generally is RENFE. Here is their current schedule link in English. >> http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html
Times and prices may change during different seasons so use the current info as a reference guide and not THE guide for spring 2014.

Happy planning and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you for the replies. I find Spanish surprisingly easy to understand so figuring out the timetable shouldn't be a major issue.

Be sure to check the train schedule close to when you plan to go. They are reducing the number of regional trains and consolidating schedules as we speak, and the schedule usually changes according to weekdays/weekends, too.

There is also a daily train to/from Fromista to Palencia, where you can connect to the Sahagun-Leon line. There´s no railway line directly tying Burgos to Leon -- Palencia is the stop between, a bit of a dog-leg.

.. and then there´s the bus at Carrion de los Condes.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back