A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Train to Sarria

Marcus O'Neill

Camino(s) past & future
Camiño Frances, the last 125kms in July 2019
Myself and some friends are doing the last 125kms of the Camino Frances on 1st July we are starting at Sarria. Can we get direct bus or train to Sarria from the airport when we arrive?

Camino(s) past & future
(2015) Frances
(2018) Portuguese
(2019) VdP Seville to Salamanca
(2020) VdP Salamanca to Santiago
It would help if you said what airport you were coming in to. Suggest you use Rome2Rio.com to do a check. There may be other options, but I’ve found that site to be extremely helpful.

paddington

Camino(s) past & future
may (2019)
There is a 1 pm Renfe train from Madrid (charmatin station) that arrives in sarria about 7:30 pm.
There is a train from the Madrid airport to the Madrid charmatin station. Not sure if you are flying into Madrid. If I see that you are, I will add a second post with more details as we travelled from Madrid to sarria by train yesterday .

Marcus O'Neill

Camino(s) past & future
Camiño Frances, the last 125kms in July 2019
It would help if you said what airport you were coming in to. Suggest you use Rome2Rio.com to do a check. There may be other options, but I’ve found that site to be extremely helpful.
We are flying to Santiago airport. Thanks!

Felipe

Veteran Member
Empresa Freire from Labacolla Airport (SBQ) to Lugo. Then a local bus to Sarria, just a half hour hop.
Or Monbus, direct to Sarria, but just one run per day. This is from Santiago city, bus terminal.
As you can imagine, you are not the first to do this travel. :) . Use the search function (above, right) for more info.
Buen camino!

Last edited:

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
Taxi
Taxis cost $130 from the airport to Sarria. There are a number of companies with which you can pre-book including the following:
Bus
If you stay the night in Santiago, a taxi into town from the airport will cost €23. To get to Sarria by bus will cost you approximately €15 each and involves getting 2 buses. First bus is with Empresa Freire (www.empresafreire.com) to Lugo and the second is with Monbus (www.monbus.es/en) from Lugo to Sarria. By bus it will take about 3 hours and by taxi about 90 minutes.
There is a combined timetable here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/santiago-to-sarria-bus-timetable.690/
And there is a lovely YouTube video on how to get the bus

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 25.0%