• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train to Sarria

Marcus O'Neill

Time of past OR future Camino
Camiño Frances, the last 125kms in July 2019
Myself and some friends are doing the last 125kms of the Camino Frances on 1st July we are starting at Sarria. Can we get direct bus or train to Sarria from the airport when we arrive?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There is a 1 pm Renfe train from Madrid (charmatin station) that arrives in sarria about 7:30 pm.
There is a train from the Madrid airport to the Madrid charmatin station. Not sure if you are flying into Madrid. If I see that you are, I will add a second post with more details as we travelled from Madrid to sarria by train yesterday .

It would help if you said what airport you were coming in to. Suggest you use Rome2Rio.com to do a check. There may be other options, but I’ve found that site to be extremely helpful.
We are flying to Santiago airport. Thanks!

Empresa Freire from Labacolla Airport (SBQ) to Lugo. Then a local bus to Sarria, just a half hour hop.
Or Monbus, direct to Sarria, but just one run per day. This is from Santiago city, bus terminal.
As you can imagine, you are not the first to do this travel. :) . Use the search function (above, right) for more info.
Buen camino!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Taxi
Taxis cost $130 from the airport to Sarria. There are a number of companies with which you can pre-book including the following:
Bus
If you stay the night in Santiago, a taxi into town from the airport will cost €23. To get to Sarria by bus will cost you approximately €15 each and involves getting 2 buses. First bus is with Empresa Freire (www.empresafreire.com) to Lugo and the second is with Monbus (www.monbus.es/en) from Lugo to Sarria. By bus it will take about 3 hours and by taxi about 90 minutes.
There is a combined timetable here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/santiago-to-sarria-bus-timetable.690/
And there is a lovely YouTube video on how to get the bus

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back