• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train to Sarria

Marcus O'Neill

Time of past OR future Camino
Camiño Frances, the last 125kms in July 2019
Myself and some friends are doing the last 125kms of the Camino Frances on 1st July we are starting at Sarria. Can we get direct bus or train to Sarria from the airport when we arrive?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
There is a 1 pm Renfe train from Madrid (charmatin station) that arrives in sarria about 7:30 pm.
There is a train from the Madrid airport to the Madrid charmatin station. Not sure if you are flying into Madrid. If I see that you are, I will add a second post with more details as we travelled from Madrid to sarria by train yesterday .

It would help if you said what airport you were coming in to. Suggest you use Rome2Rio.com to do a check. There may be other options, but I’ve found that site to be extremely helpful.
We are flying to Santiago airport. Thanks!

Empresa Freire from Labacolla Airport (SBQ) to Lugo. Then a local bus to Sarria, just a half hour hop.
Or Monbus, direct to Sarria, but just one run per day. This is from Santiago city, bus terminal.
As you can imagine, you are not the first to do this travel. :) . Use the search function (above, right) for more info.
Buen camino!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Taxi
Taxis cost $130 from the airport to Sarria. There are a number of companies with which you can pre-book including the following:
Bus
If you stay the night in Santiago, a taxi into town from the airport will cost €23. To get to Sarria by bus will cost you approximately €15 each and involves getting 2 buses. First bus is with Empresa Freire (www.empresafreire.com) to Lugo and the second is with Monbus (www.monbus.es/en) from Lugo to Sarria. By bus it will take about 3 hours and by taxi about 90 minutes.
There is a combined timetable here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/santiago-to-sarria-bus-timetable.690/
And there is a lovely YouTube video on how to get the bus

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back