• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train Travel from Lisbon to Porto. Which station?

hunsta

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2015 Portuguese 2023 Ingles 2023
Gday all. Just doing some research on train travel from Lisbon to Porto.
Basically I am planning on flying into to Lisbon from Brisbane Australia. Stay a night in Lisbon. Then catching a train to Porto. Now I have checked out the train timetables. But the High Speed train to Porto seems to go from either the Oriente Station or the Santa Apolonia Station.
My questions are. Can you catch the train from either station. I assume the line from Apolonia stn goes through Oriente stn? Yes. Only reason I ask is that most FAQ sections only say Oriente stn. Basically I just want to book accomodation within walking distance of the train station.
Cheers
Craig

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, the same train begins at Santa Apolónia and also stops at Oriente. Santa Apolónia is closer to the centre of town while Oriente is about 8km from the centre at the site developed for Expo ‘98. Oriente is on the red metro line (that is also the airport line), while Santa Apolónia is on the blue line.

Yes, the same train begins at Santa Apolónia and also stops at Oriente. Santa Apolónia is closer to the centre of town while Oriente is about 8km from the centre at the site developed for Expo ‘98. Oriente is on the red metro line (that is also the airport line), while Santa Apolónia is on the blue line.
Thanks Jungleboy. Just wasnt quite sure.
Cheers
Craig

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The hotel Moxy is a cool place right across the street from the Oriente train station. Quick cab ride from the Lisbon airport also.
Thank you for this recommendation and your Q Craig. I am looking to do the same flying from Brisbane on Sept 11. Also will need to get a local SIM card. Any Vodaphone places near this accommodation?

I took the train from the Lisbon station Santa Apolónia. I bought my ticket before I left home and am glad I did. The train was crowded and I could not have bought a ticket the day of as others were trying. Perhaps just my timing but it is easy to buy on line.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I took the train from the Lisbon station Santa Apolónia. I bought my ticket before I left home and am glad I did. The train was crowded and I could not have bought a ticket the day of as others were trying. Perhaps just my timing but it is easy to buy on line.
I found prebuying train tickets a good and smart practice

There is a Vodafone store in the Vasco da Gama shopping center, which is very close to the train station. And it’s open 10 am till midnight!
Also a huge Continente grocery store in the basement/ground floor. You can pick up essentially anything you need, before you start walking. And a C&A clothing store which has very reasonably priced "normal" clothing like Tshirts etc.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There is a Vodafone store in the Vasco da Gama shopping center, which is very close to the train station. And it’s open 10 am till midnight!
Thank you peregrina2000. Very helpful. I love this forum for all the information, kindness and support. It gives me confidence travelling solo on my first camino.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back